Forums Latest Members
  1. Mistabonze

Mistabonze Apr 10, 2019

Hey guys. I'm looking for a vintage 1000 and found a couple. The first is a 980.013D. It's had alot replaced including the crystal, movement, bezel insert and strap. All seals and gaskets replaced and pressure tested. The band is obvious aftermarket with the original clasp. Even though this was not an original option I do prefer the look and feel of an oyster bracelet. The price is 750. With all the aftermarket parts is this a good deal. It does look awesome, exactly my style. Or should I wait for a more original. I believe Justin is the seller who I have read here that he knows the 1000's very well.

Screenshot_20190410_195026_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited Apr 10, 2019
  2. Mistabonze

Mistabonze Apr 10, 2019

The other is a 980.006N. This has been serviced as well. It is an auction so no price. Any suggestions for a max price. Screenshot_20190410_200151_com.android.chrome.jpg

3. bdev

bdev Apr 10, 2019

Not sure where you're located but I'm in the USA.

$750.00 is too much for the first one.

The second watch, considering it doesn't have its original bracelet, I'd go as high as $400.00 for it.....Tops.

4. Yago

Yago Apr 11, 2019

Besides originality and accuracy (serviced?) a big deal for me is always case condition. I rather have a scratched up original than polished case. And the 1000 has a beautiful case, not appreciated enough. The sharp lugs are a treat, hate to seem them polished. If pics are unclear I'll always ask for additional detail shots. also with these vintage divers you'll often also see the markers have been relumed or even entire dial replaced (t swiss t?), original bezel? Details aren't details.

dtf likes this.
  5. Mistabonze

Mistabonze Apr 11, 2019

Im in the USA. He came down to 700 on the first but still think it is too high. If it was 500 Id probably buy it. Ill see how the second goes. If doesn't work out Ill keep looking. Thanks.