Forums Latest Members

Pricing Assistance Requested Please...

1. lorriebird

lorriebird Jun 9, 2015

Hello. I recently discovered this terrific website and I am hoping this is an appropriate place to post. I am not a collector, but have always loved my Tags and have worn them with pride.

I own two ladies watches:

-Aqua racer w/pink dial Model #WAF1418 Serial #LZ3701 purchased 9-14-2006
    -Series 2000 stainless/gold Model #WK1321 Serial #KW5681 purchased 12-27-99

I bought these watches over the years as I am required to wear a watch for work as part of my airline uniform. As I near retirement, I will no longer be needing them as I do not wear a watch other than for work. I am having trouble deciding on a fair price for these watches. They are both one-owners in excellent shape and have no scratches other than normal wear, and I have all original paperwork, boxes and registration cards.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate very much the help. I am seeing prices all over the map ranging from fake cheap knockoff pricing to ridiculously high listings for non-existent products. I would like to have a price that is fair for both myself and for a buyer.

Thank you for your time. (photos posted)

Aquaracer Pink Dial.jpg Aquaracer Back.jpg Aquaracer Paperwork.jpg Series 2000.jpg Series 2000 Back.jpg Series 2000 Paperwork.jpg
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 10, 2015

Hi there.

To be upfront, I haven't seen prices on these exact models, so can't give you an idea of what they actually sell for..BUT
    - You can buy a new Aquaracer like yours on eBay for USD1000- $1200. Based on this, I would have thought $500-$800 is reasonable for a nice second-hand model....exact pricing will depend on the quality of your photos and how quickly you want to sell
    - small discount to this price for the 2000- let's say $400-600

Hope this helps

lorriebird likes this.
  3. lorriebird

lorriebird Jun 10, 2015

Thank you ever so much! Yes, it helps a great deal and appreciate your taking the time to respond. I was having trouble coming up with even a reasonable range from which to start. You are very kind, thank you.

4. whoisbaktash

whoisbaktash Jul 12, 2015

What I like to do is see what a pawn shop, or an watch dealer would offer. Of course they're going to offer you something unreasonable, but at the very least you will have established a baseline for what to value the watches at. Hope that helps.

5. lorriebird

lorriebird Jul 13, 2015

Thank you, whoisbaktash for your response. I ended up posting ads on Craigslist and also linked those ads to my Facebook page. I sold the Classic 2000 the first day to a Facebook friend I had never met in person. (Funny thing, the buyer told me that even though we had never met, he could tell by getting to know me on FB that it would be a nice watch and a safe purchase. :) That was nice to hear.) I still have the Aquaracer as of today, but may look into other avenues if the Craigslist ad doesn't bring a response.

6. Cobain

Cobain Jul 28, 2015

Probably not relevant anymore but you should sell them (with box and papers) 45-50% off their retail.

7. lorriebird

lorriebird Jul 29, 2015

Thank you, Cobain, for responding to this thread. Of course it is relevant! If not for me then perhaps for the next person with the same question. Have a great day! (...I sold the Classic but still have the Aquaracer).