Forums Latest Members
  1. nejko12

nejko12 Aug 7, 2018

Hello,

About three weeks ago I've bought Tag Heuer Connected Modular 45 with silver bezel. Today I have noticed that black colour from numbers on bezel is starting to dismiss. It looks terrible. I have also contacted Tag Heuer but they didn't reply yet.

Did someone issued same problem? I would expect much better quality from a watch in this price range.

And one more thing, did someone had problems with removing second layer of protective foil?

Thanks for answers!

20180807_140605.jpg
  2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 7, 2018

Hi!

I don’t have that quality problem in my CM 45 with black bezel. E535C86E-B0BA-45E4-9F9B-E08A2F18335C.jpeg

I’m using it every day since I bought it 3 months ago, and it looks like the first day... I guess your numbers are painted, and my numbers are engraved, so maybe it’s a specific problem with bezels in clear colors

About the second layer of protective foil, I didn’t have serious problems to remove it... but it took me two or three days to realize that there was a second layer to remove!!

MIKEYP74 and SD Surfer like this.
  3. ali23g

ali23g Aug 8, 2018

Have not seen the numbers on the bezel come off...... did you try cleaning with a soft brush or toothbrush? At some point I did whack mine off something by accident and had a similar look to yours. Turned out it was white paint, plaster or similar stuck in the bezel numbers.
    In hindsight, the steel bezel was a bad idea. I do use it as a daily watch - running, swimming, kitesurfing, cycling, work round the house watch but it is knackered after +1 year of nearly every day wear. I think the ceramic may have stood the test of time better. What annoys me most though, is the black coming off from the ‘wings’ which is temporarily solved by a regular marker pen coating. No complaints, probably I should have been more gentle with my daily ‘beater’

BE75A08C-AD8B-46DB-BC84-6406D5BDC051.jpeg
    Edited Aug 8, 2018
  4. ali23g

ali23g Aug 29, 2018

Ok.. so finally do have quality issues with the Connected. The bezel vaporized in the heat today at the Waterpark... 16 months old and it’s gone. I guess due to the being out in the mid-day Dubai sun again. The ‘glue’ seems to have disintegrated at 3 and 9 o’clock. What is interesting is that losing the bezel gives a strangely likeable ‘vintage’ look...maybe something for the design dept to consider? Will drop it off tomorrow at the Boutique.

34D12C17-E74D-43AA-8A84-C0035FC52D6E.jpeg
    Edited Aug 29, 2018
  5. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Aug 29, 2018

You should have posted that as a new "Limited Edition" version. Limited to 1.

That's pretty disappointing TBH but I haven't run into it myself. That said, after the first few times I hit a wall with my watch, I ended up being much more careful since I've also got a few dings on those wings.

ali23g likes this.
  6. TGHC45

TGHC45 Aug 29, 2018

With the bezel not there anymore , do you think the watch would still be water resistant ?

7. ali23g

ali23g Aug 29, 2018

The bezel is only decoration glued to the watch, so yes.
    Confirmed in the wild today. Like I said, I was at a Waterpark, so lets of slides, tubes, raft rides and no issue with water resistance.

TGHC45 likes this.
  8. Gambba

Gambba Sep 1, 2018

That’s not what one would expect @ali23g, and hopefully will be repaired/replaced quickly. It does get intensely hot in direct sun here and seen plenty of stuff get ruined quickly in the sun, but wouldn’t expect glue on the bezel to suffer.

We all know it’s not quite cool enough to be playing outside here yet.....although I did play golf two weeks back when it was 100% humidity and 48C (wind chill 55C), so not one to talk.

9. ali23g

ali23g Sep 1, 2018

.... Yeah, I’m guessing it was related to the change of temperature from La Mer beach area straight into the chilled pools at Laguna & never to be seen again. The guys in the Dubai Mall were their usual helpful selves. Seems this is the first one they’ve seen.

Ps.. for anyone living in Dubai.... I bought my Autavia from them a few months ago and had +1000 USD (4000 AED) knocked off in an instant when I pulled up the internet & showed I could get one VAT free from the UK, couriered and imported here, for less than their ‘boutique’ pricing. Pretty much UK VAT free price. Showed my Emirates ID of course as a resident.

Edited Sep 1, 2018
  10. ali23g

ali23g Dec 9, 2018

So... I did finally get my connected back from Tag, More than 2 months trip to Switzerland for a new bezel.
    In fact a complete new 'top bit' of black wings and bezel. Free of charge.
    Of course, with minimal use, I've already scratched the aluminium bezel and dented the black wing.
    I love the connected concept and have the Calibre 5 and 16 modules but really do not believe the connected module is worth the investment vs a cheaper alternative.