Forums Latest Members
  1. Billers

Billers Jul 1, 2016

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Can anyone identify this watch?
    It is a Baylor heuer and is mechanical. Inscriptions on the inside of the metal bracelet say "champion USA" "lance statues" and "USA pat 2249086". It also says JB on the inside of every link.

I don't know anything about where this watch came from and would be very grateful if anyone can identify it

Many thanks

2. imagwai

imagwai Jul 2, 2016

I'm going to guess the bracelet isn't original. Not seen that model Heuer before so can't tell you anything about it but hopefully someone on here can!

3. Billers

Billers Jul 2, 2016

I think you might be right about the bracelet as it was made by JB champion. Hopefully someone can still shed some light on the watch

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jul 4, 2016

Yes, JC Champion made a range of bracelets...and that's what you have. Baylor is/ was a watch brand owned by Zales, a jeweller in Texas, for whom Heuer made a number of watches.

This one looks like it fits with the 1950s style Heuers, but I have never seen this combination before so can't vouch for its authenticity

5. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Jul 5, 2016

Were the Baylor watches co-branded Baylor-Heuer?
    I seem to remember a kerfuffle a few years ago on another watch forum where some very well respected Heuer collectors were banned because their opinions on co-branding differed from that of the site (and watch) owner.