Forums Latest Members
  1. leegundus

leegundus Jul 13, 2018

what’s the best smart phone to use with tag connected? Android, google?

I am currently on an iPhone 7 Plus with the Wear OS app running. Have difficulty from time to time installing/syncing apps on watch and my phone.

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 13, 2018

Since Google is the one that makes the OS, the phone that will give you the "best" experience, would be also made by Google. Hence, Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL from the current line. Or Pixel 3 if you want to wait till OCT.

That said, there are plenty of people here that use iPhones with the TAG Heuer Connected watches. Search these threads, as there are plenty of posts containing tips on how to resolve connectivity issues.

3. Feanor

Feanor Jul 19, 2018

I don't think that a Pixel phone will give you any advantages in comparison to other Android phones, but if you are extremely cautious about it, I'd say any Android phone with a good processor and stock or near stock Android would be best. You might want to avoid any phone that has a heavy skin on top of Android like Samsung or nearly all the Chinese. Brands that use stock or nearly stock Android are Google, Nokia, Sony, Motorola.

4. ZeuGantic

ZeuGantic Jul 24, 2018

I would say go for a phone with Bluetooth 5 rather than 4... you'll get better range and connectivity