Forums Latest Members
  1. calibre11user

calibre11user Mar 16, 2016

Comments between Patek Philippe's CEO and JC Biver regarding the new Heuer 02 and the Heuer Connected.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-to-tag-heuer-your-15-000-watch-is-too-cheap

The dispute pits Stern, the fourth-generation chairman of Patek, against Jean-Claude Biver, whose flair for marketing has propelled the Omega and Hublot brands. Stern said TAG Heuer’s decision to offer a $15,000 watch featuring a complex spinning mechanism known as a tourbillon is “nearly a joke to me” that sacrifices sophisticated craftsmanship for a rush for sales. Patek Philippe needn’t fear low-cost competition, retorted Biver, adding that TAG Heuer’s smartwatch has been selling out and will keep its value against the Apple Watch because it’s more exclusive.

2. abrod520

abrod520 Mar 16, 2016

Very interesting, I wouldn't think the head of Patek would even know what TAG Heuer was, much less have anything to say. Guess they're really making some waves with that tourbillon, even if it's sinfully hideous

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 17, 2016

Sorry, I'd missed that you'd posted this @calibre11user and added a comment in the Basel diary.

In summary, his point on the Toubillon is just strange. He appears to be complaining that TAG Heuer dare to sell something cheaply because he knows that this will reduce his margins on Tourbillons!