Forums Latest Members
  1. gmammakn

gmammakn Mar 15, 2024

Long time TAG fan. Trying to fix my ck 1120 that I bought new in either 95 or 99. The face rocks a little and I can’t figure out how to secure it. Are there parts diagrams or parts list for these watches?

Im afraid to try to put the movement back in. I tend to loose screws and then I’m stuck. Also I can’t tell if there should be another ring on the face plate to help secure it.

2. flawless

flawless Mar 16, 2024

Movement should have two retaining screws as shown

upload_2024-3-16_10-52-35.png

3. gmammakn

gmammakn Mar 18, 2024

Thanks for the reply - Those are there with two washers. I took them out.
    It's the actual face/dial of the watch that rocks back and forth a small amount
    Are there screws that hold it on?

4. flawless

flawless Mar 18, 2024

You should find two recessed grub screws on the side of the movement (the "edge") - if the dial feet are intact, these will lock them in place.

If the dial can rotate slightly (rather than just loose up and down), the dial feet are likely damaged/sheared off and tightening the screws won't help. Your only options in that case are removing the dial and either fixing the feet or using dial dots (small adhesive dots to affix the dial).

5. gmammakn

gmammakn Mar 18, 2024

I put the movement back in. I looked for screws on the side and didn’t see any. I guess it’s time to check again.

6. flawless

flawless Mar 19, 2024

If you can provide a picture of the movement model number (not the printed TAG Heuer text, but the engraved text) I can assist further.

7. gmammakn

gmammakn Mar 19, 2024

Thanks. That would be great. Will get some pics later when I get home. After an internet search I think you are right.

I think it is the ETA 251.262

does TAG sell parts?

wife just wants me to send it to TAG for a full overhaul for $680

since starting my repair journey I have worked on 4 watches so far. Fixed none

watches - 4
    Greg - 0

8. flawless

flawless Mar 19, 2024

upload_2024-3-19_18-54-45.png

Dial feet are (roughly) marked in green, and the red arrows point toward the retaining clips (shaped like hooks)

upload_2024-3-19_18-55-44.png

The hook end basically presses against the dial foot and holds it in place.