Ownership Experiences- 2018 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 41

Thats a good advise, especially in terms of watches. I now have painfully learned from it.

But besides it's - in my opinion - heavy used optics I am really muchmuch enjoying so far.
Today is day one and after unplugging it from the charger 8 hours ago I currently run on 77% Battery. Which is is pretty nice I think. Got a lot of Messages and played a little around with it but the battery seems to last me easily one day in my job (9-10 hours). GPS turned off, Wifi on, tilt off, Black GMT Face, tap to wake in ambient mode with white hands.

May I ask if one of you could post a picture from his USB charger. Mine seems to be made in China, 1000 mAh 5V, and I dont know if it's the original one that came in my bbox.Could not find info on it in the web so far. Just to make sure not damaging my battery with the wrong Voltage.

Thank you .

Brgds,
M47R1X
Does it say Tag Heuer on it ? May I ask which country you in ?

May I ask if one of you could post a picture from his USB charger. Mine seems to be made in China, 1000 mAh 5V, and I dont know if it's the original one that came in my bbox.Could not find info on it in the web so far. Just to make sure not damaging my battery with the wrong Voltage.

Thank you .

Brgds,
M47R1X
Welcome to the forum, and glad you are also enjoying your TH Connected Modular! 😀

This is the original charger:

You can find it here, together with all accessories compatible with your Modular 41:
https://www.tagheuer.com/en-ch/en/watches/tag-heuer-connected/accessories-and-straps

Mine is also 5V 1000mA, and it’s the original USB charger:

Welcome to the forum, and glad you are also enjoying your TH Connected Modular! 😀

This is the original charger:

You can find it here, together with all accessories compatible with your Modular 41:
https://www.tagheuer.com/en-ch/en/watches/tag-heuer-connected/accessories-and-straps

Mine is also 5V 1000mA, and it’s the original USB charger:
Thank you so much Albert. Now I feel a lot better, mine looks identically but I was confused about the fact no TAG Branding is visible and that it is made by "Salcomp" 😀

@TGHC45 Of course you may ask, I am based in Austria.

Update on Battery: Just returned home from work still 60%. Unplugged from Charger 13,5 hours ago.

Will upload some daylight pictures tomorrow.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Brgds,
M47R1X

Some honest close-ups of my 41 😀

As you can see, it's all about the light how marks and scratches become visible. The watch needs a proper cleaning as well. Worst scratches on the bottom. Seller claims this is a result of connecting the charging plate. Can't believe :-( I don't know what's the best solution to fix the "golden" first dot. Any suggestions?

Regarding the Bezel, I think the material (coating/finish) seems quite sensitive and does not resist a lot of wear.

Brgds,
M47R1X

Some honest close-ups of my 41 😀

As you can see, it's all about the light how marks and scratches become visible. The watch needs a proper cleaning as well. Worst scratches on the bottom. Seller claims this is a result of connecting the charging plate. Can't believe :-( I don't know what's the best solution to fix the "golden" first dot. Any suggestions?

Regarding the Bezel, I think the material (coating/finish) seems quite sensitive and does not resist a lot of wear.

Brgds,
M47R1X
I clean mine with glasses wipes then give it a bit of polish with a soft cloth.

Wanted to start this thread for those of us with the slightly smaller version that has the upgraded tech.

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and here are some of my observations:

- Much more responsive than either my Casio WSD-F20 or my first gen Huauei.
- The Huauei has a brighter screen
- The look and feel of the Tag is FAR superior (better be for the price)
- Battery life (after a hard reset once I upgraded to wear OS) is okay.
-- I get a full day charge with the following - GPS on, NFC on, Wifi on, messages fairly constant through the day, always on display, and all motion features turned off.
- Found something interesting when looking at the storage list from the Wear OS interface on the phone.
-- Does anyone else have TicWatch apps loaded on their tag watch that show up when looking at the storage but not when viewing the apps from the play store?
-- Did Tag have the TicWatch folks make the electronics? If so, that means that our $1K+ watch has <$100 internals. If that is the case we are paying quite the premium for the case and strap.

Here is my new Tag and a screenshot of the TicWatch apps that seem to be preloaded on the Tag watch (edited to only show those apps)

FuhzB1P
FuhzB1P

The Mobvoi Data on your Decive are totally normal, and absolutely nothing to worry about. If you develop an app for android and you would like to reach users of Android Wear OS in China with it, you can distribute through partner Android Wear app stores. There are two options right now. For Huawei devices the Huawei App store and for all other Devices (like your Tag Heuer, Garmin, Fossil, Skagen and so on) it is Mobvoi.

This is programming (software) and android app development stuff and has nothing to do with the hardware components of the Tag Heuer Connected Watches.

Further Info: https://developer.android.com/training/wearables/apps/creating-app-china

Brgds,
M47R1X

Looks like the previous owner was trying to restore charging capabilities M47R1X. When my watch has difficulties charging (this has happened twice since I bought it almost a year ago), I clean the charging puck pins not the watch contacts. This process has always restored charging capabilities.

Sorry for drifting off topic. Does anybody know how long it should take to complete a factory reset? I’ve had the spinning multi coloured dots for around an hour!

Spinning dots for around an hour seem quite long, mine took approx 2 maybe 3 minutes.

Still spinning now. Hopefully the battery will be dead by the morning.
Yes, wait it out. If it doesn't recover, you'll need to do a factory reset.

Still no luck. Battery died over night, put it on the charger and the spinning resumed. How do I factory reset when the watch is unresponsive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems the watch is caught in it's boot loop.

You can try the following on your own caution/discretion:

1. Press and hold down the power button until watch restarts (about 15 seconds)

2. During the boot up animations (TAG's logo, Intel's logo, or the swirling balls), press and hold the crown and simultaneously swipe from top left to bottom right, then release crown (You can repeat this process until the screen blacks out and the boot process restarts)

3. The watch will boot to an image of the Android character on his back. Long press the power button for about 5 seconds and release. You should see the "Android system recovery" menu.

4. Short press the power button three times to go down the menu to highlight "wipe cache partition"

5. Long press for 3 seconds to select "wipe cache partition" and confirm your selection

6. Short press the power button twice to go down the menu to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"

7. Long press for 3 seconds to select "wipe data/factory reset" and confirm your selection

8. Select "reboot system now'. Long press for 3 seconds to select

9. Watch will restart to the Welcome screen. This will take less than 2 minutes.

Brgds,
M47R1X

The process worked perfectly until step 9. Unfortunately, the watch didn’t restart at all. Looks like I need a trip to the dealer.

Hi all,

Been visiting this board for the last weeks to gain some info on the Tag Connected and like to introduce my self now. 40 yrs old female here and probably the only owner who is happy with the short strap 😀

I have some Smartwatch experience from cheap China Watches and always had the problem that they were way too big for me. Thats why they all landed in the cupboard after a few weeks. The only fitness tracker (not a real smartwatch) I used for several months was the Mi Band 2, as it is quite small and did the job with notifications pretty well.

Apple Watch was no option for me, as I am proud Android user since many years. I do like the Quality of Apple products, but somehow feel that the OS is way too much restricted. Android does deliver far more options for people that like to tweak around on the software, root their devices etc.

I was having an eye on the Tag Heuer Connected since 2016 due to the premium hardware it is made of. You won't find sapphire glass, an Intel processor and Titanium that easy on an wearable device that additionally somehow still looks like a "real" watch.

Finally I pulled the trigger on a used 41 model.
Sad to mention the seller betrayed me on it's overall condition it as a lot of scratches on body, steel bezel and corroded battery contact points. Worst he tried to clean the battery points by scratching... It somehow hurts me, because I am a person who really takes care about all the things I own, they often look like new even after years of ownership.

Long story short, here I am and hopefully can contribute to the forums.
Anyone using the developer options in settings/system/about?
You can activate them by tapping several times on "build number" .
For instance it will unlock options like "always on display" when the watch is connected with the charger.

Brgds,
M47R1X
Welcome onboard.

Hello Everyone,
How do I get the leather strap to look fresh again. Water has stained the strap pretty badly. Once that's cleared I really need to sell it.
Thanks

"YOUR WATCH. YOUR LIFE. WATCH BANDS EVOLVE WITH YOU.
You’re shoved against a wall. You’re thrown into a swimming pool. You drop your watch down a flight of stairs. You spend a week lying in the sun. Memories, with scars left on your leather strap.

Black and brown leathers are natural, living materials. They change color, age, evolve and adjust. Like a good wine, they get better as they get older. Leather bands develop a unique patina that tells a story, your story. Unlike rubber strap watchesand NATO strap watches, leather strap watches become uniquely yours with wear.

They are one-of-a-kind, like you."

Source: https://www.tagheuer.com/en/leather-strap-watches

If your strap would fit my CM 41 I'd buy it from you. 😀
Leather is natural and will always develop a beautiful, unique, so called patina over time.

"YOUR WATCH. YOUR LIFE. WATCH BANDS EVOLVE WITH YOU.
You’re shoved against a wall. You’re thrown into a swimming pool. You drop your watch down a flight of stairs. You spend a week lying in the sun. Memories, with scars left on your leather strap.

Black and brown leathers are natural, living materials. They change color, age, evolve and adjust. Like a good wine, they get better as they get older. Leather bands develop a unique patina that tells a story, your story. Unlike rubber strap watchesand NATO strap watches, leather strap watches become uniquely yours with wear.

They are one-of-a-kind, like you."

Source: https://www.tagheuer.com/en/leather-strap-watches

If your strap would fit my CM 41 I'd buy it from you. 😀
Leather is natural and will always develop a beautiful, unique, so called patina over time.
Inspiring 😀

The process worked perfectly until step 9. Unfortunately, the watch didn’t restart at all. Looks like I need a trip to the dealer.
Just popped it on the charger more in hope than expectation and would you believe it, booted up in less than a minute. Now working absolutely fine. Happy days.