Ownership Experiences- 2018 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 41

My watch is currently getting another Android system update! This from the previous version which was the initial 8.0.0 Oreo release. Wear OS on the watch and on my iPhone were updated last week as well.

Edit: looks like it was a security patch.
Hi all

I’m looking to purchase my first Connected and hope to benefit on the collected wisdom and experiences here. Currently I’m torn between the 45 or the new 41. My wrist is a smallish 6.5in.
A friend is offering to sell me his minty 45 at half the list price. OTOH Tag Heuer is having a 15% promotion discount off the 41.
Any advise to get me out of this conundrum will be very much appreciated!

Personally, I wanted the larger one but the tech is not as good as the smaller one so the 45 was not a consideration. I have to say, the size off the 41 works fine and I get comments how nice it looks and how it "looks like an actual watch"

My rule is to always get the best tech you can afford.

Personally, I wanted the larger one but the tech is not as good as the smaller one so the 45 was not a consideration. I have to say, the size off the 41 works fine and I get comments how nice it looks and how it "looks like an actual watch"

My rule is to always get the best tech you can afford.
Thanks Kavasc, I appreciate your thoughts. And I agree on getting the best tech one can afford to maximize the life span. If buying new, I will go for the 41. With the 45 deal I’m being offered, I am very tempted to just go with it. Especially considering that the difference is in Ram and storage, not functionality.

There are some other differences including screen brightness and the extra memory improving performance. However, in the end, the watch you will want to wear is the best one to get. The 45 is just as beautiful and has more choices of mechanical modules.
Edited:

I would wait till NOV to see if a new Connected is released.

I would wait till NOV to see if a new Connected is released.
I can see it now. Connected modular 43....with all new lugs and straps :)

I can see it now. Connected modular 43....with all new lugs and straps :)
I for one, think the 46mm was great. So maybe keep the 45mm overall dimensions, but get a bigger screen?

Otherwise, I hope they get rid of the "top" cap. I don't mind having the bottom one, if they absolutely need it for the electronics.

If they are smart they will fix the crystal so it is not so reflective, fix the gap between the crystal and the bezel, and fix the bug where the screen acts like you are interacting with it when you splash water on it.

Hi All, looking at getting a 41 as well but the deal breaker for me is that if all smart functionality has to have your phone close by. More specifically is anyone running Strava on their watch and A. How does it work, and B. Can you run it and leave your phone home? I know this watch doesn't have a SIM card but with the GPS I'm curious if it works without the phone nearby. As lame as it sounds that's the make it or break it for me on this watch - in any form. The goal is a nice looking watch (in ceramic) that happens to let me leave my phone in the car, on shore, etc. Thanks!

Hi All, looking at getting a 41 as well but the deal breaker for me is that if all smart functionality has to have your phone close by. More specifically is anyone running Strava on their watch and A. How does it work, and B. Can you run it and leave your phone home? I know this watch doesn't have a SIM card but with the GPS I'm curious if it works without the phone nearby. As lame as it sounds that's the make it or break it for me on this watch - in any form. The goal is a nice looking watch (in ceramic) that happens to let me leave my phone in the car, on shore, etc. Thanks!

Yep... it works perfectly for running with Strava while listening to music from Google Play through Bluetooth headphones. All with your phone at home.
Probably max 2-2.5hours battery life like that though..... and No HR Monitor...... so not the perfect solution.

Yep... it works perfectly for running with Strava while listening to music from Google Play through Bluetooth headphones. All with your phone at home.
Probably max 2-2.5hours battery life like that though..... and No HR Monitor...... so not the perfect solution.
Great, thank you! I just can't bring myself to get some gigantic Garmin...

Checking here to see if any CM41 owner has the new WearOS v2.0 update yet.

Checking here to see if any CM41 owner has the new WearOS v2.0 update yet.
Not yet. My Casio got the update though. Very frustrating.

Indications are that everybody should have the update by the end of the week. TH watches are marked as "rollout in progress" currently.

ditto. Looks like they are doing the upgrade by model.

cool update, but I wish they would let me customize the settings that are shown when you swipe down. I'd like to have touch lock there....