Other Watches / Other Brands

But dude, you told Sasha these oblong Ooblohs are for people who can't afford Richard Mille.

It is cool though, I agree.

Still honeymooning - this is such a comfortable watch on wrist. Very thin for an automatic, classy yet sporty.

God I hate being negative... but it looks like something a 12 year old would wear after seeing it on the rack in an airport departure lounge.... :(

ap_marvel_5.jpg

Definitely a pattern to my taste it would seem. Not shopping, just admiring.

Well, we now know what Adam thinks about this one.1000207250.png
It’s a good watch (I owned one when the original was £7k), but it’s a lazy release and I can’t see a £14k watch there really - the pricing from omega recently is pushing it.

This was one of the few Omegas I liked... when it was £8000. That is ridiculous

Ah, well Hodinkee says it's because it's got a METAS certified movement now, so that's fine

I can't decide if that rocket is the coolest thing ever, or the stupidest thing ever.

I have to say that, looking at those macro shots, I love this one. The rocket and crater beneath is excellent at that magnification. What this looks like at normal viewing distance is up for debate though.

As for the price tag, there is clearly a lot of work gone into the detail, but that price increase is bonkers!

I guess they feel it isn’t a massive sales piece and will spark a lot more interest, with the updated movement and detail, to warrant the difference in price perhaps?

Clearly won’t be on all our wrists as a result though.

Tried the original one on a few years back and thought it was awesome. Very different yet also wearable.

Size and ceramic build would’ve been my concern, I’m sure I’d crack that case at some point.

Think the new one is cool & can see why Omega have released it with the upgrades. RRP is neither here or there, people will buy it regardless. Just not one for me. If I had that cash to spend it would go elsewhere.

J seems a lot of fanfare in the press about the release before hand, just to get a model with minor tweaks.

We all expect a white dial Speedy this year (thanks Daniel Craig). I’ve heard it on good authority a smaller Speedy due.

Others are also guessing an updates PO/ SMP range. Also heard a smaller tapering bracelet for the 300 is this year or next.

Haha. You really don't get this do you? Why do you think they made the new glassbox? So they could remake all the glassboxes they already did the Skipper, the panda, the green, the red, the Telemeter, the blue dreamer...

Haha. You really don't get this do you? Why do you think they made the new glassbox? So they could remake all the glassboxes they already did the Skipper, the panda, the green, the red, the Telemeter, the blue dreamer...
That’s what I was alluding to. The sane stuff all the time. :(

No point making a new watch. Much easier to remake the Skipper, then put it in a gold case.... genius