Forums Latest Members

Orologi & Passioni LE Heuer Monaco Calibre 11

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 3, 2014

The guys over at the Italian watch forum Orologi & Passioni started am ambitious project earlier this year to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the forum- to design a LE Monaco to be made in limited numbers by TAG Heuer.

1406611634.jpg
    You can read about the project here (Italian only).

And the watches have now been completed and delivered.

245y5id.jpg 33az4ls.jpg 2lt2ex2.jpg 2wda58o.jpg 1193xcg.jpg 1441318_519801011455869_6556077258162827141_n.jpg

(all photos taken from the forum thread posted above)

Could be time for a Calibre 11 Heuer Monaco Calibre 11...only 33 of these watches were made, so the numbers required aren't huge.

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 3, 2014

Glad they were able to get this done for their club. However, IMHO, the clean look and wow factor of the caw211c is lost with this design.

To me, the production colors don't combine well; maybe it's the pictures. The original sketch seems a bit more color coordinated, but I still think there is too many aspects fighting for attention. In this particular case I think "less is more".

Or maybe, I just love my CAW211C too much! The only thing I will add is to mine is the fc6311 strap with the orange accent color (2nd picture), which I have already. :)
    . CAW211C.jpg tag-heuer-monaco-caw211c-fc6311-11.jpg

3. Hubert

That would be cool for this site! Here's are a couple of rough ideas (sorry no good editing software at the office) for everyone's consideration.
    tag-heuer-monaco-caw211c-fc6311-Calibre11.jpg tag-heuer-Calibre11_2.jpg

4. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 3, 2014

I think the key to making it an attractive watch is keeping the logo to the caseback and just subtly incorporating the colours in a clean and minimalist combination on the dial.

5. Hubert

I like that idea as well!

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 4, 2014

Yes, I have to agree that the colours on this one aren't my favourite...but hey, it's distinctive!

I agree that keeping the logo on the back is the best way to go. Might look into this over time to see what the costs are for a special edition ;)

7. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2014

C11 happens to have one of the most inoffensive and TAG Heuer appropriate colour schemes ever to start with, white dial with black subdials and subtle red highlights would look incredibly neat and clean, understated

8. piccolorompi

piccolorompi Feb 22, 2015

Good morning are one of the unlucky buyers of this watch, for the moment will not reveal my real name because I was threatened into silence and strongly urged not to discuss in public these facts, because I'm still waiting to be reimbursed for a watch that does not match the characteristics expected, I decided to bring here some of my doubts, because even the organizer of this thing I do not respond to emails and even on the phone.

from July 2014 we paid a considerable advance, then the balance in November for a total of 4500 euro, without ever being able to see the status of the project avanzamente; in the evening we were handed the clocks just me and another forum user we were not satisfied with the realization of the dial, place some photos to realize that instead of a dedicated clock were taken 33 + 1 stock funds precisely the reference
    CAW211C.FC624 on whose face was badly painted an imitation of what was to be the original dial.
    see pictures.

Because in Italy we are famous for inventing scams of all kinds, I would just like to know if the TAG HEUER in Switzerland knows the 'existence of this rologio, approved it and eventually what you think of bad implementation.
    Of course I take responsibility for that reported here and are willing to bring other evidence.

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 22, 2015
  9. piccolorompi

10. piccolorompi

11. Richerson

Richerson Feb 22, 2015

Tag heuer normally has good dial work, if I was handed one of these I would think it was fake

12. imagwai

imagwai Feb 23, 2015

The translation was a bit tricky to follow but it certainly looks like they've just taken a normal CAW211C and painted over the top (badly). Quite hard to believe that TAG did this. The numeric engraving also looks quite cheaply done.

If you read the thread on the O+P site it looks like they're preparing to return the watches. If it were me, I would want my money back first!

13. elbeik

elbeik Feb 23, 2015

Meh...

Calibre11 should have a LE Autavia.

14. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 23, 2015

I think that's exactly what happened, although would be good to get confirmation. The price of these was quite low for a true bespoke watch- the tooling costs for a new dial are quite high- it's the Orange in particular that seems to have bled across the dial.

Still, from reading the Google translate version of the conversation at their forum, everyone seems to be taking this in a positive spirit and seems that there will be refunds.

I'd like to @elbeik ...will see what is possible!

15. piccolorompi

piccolorompi Feb 23, 2015

he problem is not the money back, this watch was purchased in a physical store in Milan and in Italy there is a right of withdrawal if the item purchased is not compliant.
    The question is whether this thing has been approved by Tag Heuer in Switzerland or not.

16. imagwai

imagwai Feb 23, 2015

If Tag Heuer Switzerland were not aware, I suspect they soon will be!

There are several deviations from the original design drawings. To name a few:
    - Orange on dial does not match orange of the hands/lume
    - Tips of subdial hands not painted
    - Lack of orange strap lining

It's really not good.

17. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 23, 2015

Was it bought from an authorised dealer? The question of TAG Heuer's involvement is one to ask the team in Italy who organised the watch.

18. piccolorompi

piccolorompi Feb 23, 2015

this one
    watch was purchased from an authorized dealer, Tag Heuer Italy .... not eiste there is only the representation of LVMH which would seem aware of it.

19. piccolorompi

piccolorompi Feb 24, 2015

Sorry, but TAG HEUER ITALY that does not exist but is represented by LMHV Italy does not provide NO RESPONSE. The authorized dealer is said to be willing to take back the clock and return the money.
    What is interesting is the 33 buyers know who has invented this thing to take 33 old clocks stock funds and do pittarare the dial to a 12 year old child.
    Beginning of the post enrollment was clearly said that it would be made a limited edition of Monaco:
    read here:

http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=69220116

everything turned out not true, now,
    what we want to know is if this thing is responsible for TAG HEUER or someone else.
    I hope I was clear,
    Thank You

20. imagwai

imagwai Feb 24, 2015

Not entirely clear I'm afraid due to the translation.

However, I think I understand what you want to find out. Obviously only the organiser and Tag Heuer know the answer for sure. However, I'd be very surprised if Tag Heuer approved this "creation".