Orange Is The New Black

for some reason i’ve taken a real shine to this one...(seamaster), and have been searching for a similar colour scheme on a Carerra - can’t find info on the model though and does not look to be current. It is the colour combo I like in particuler. Only similar I could find was the Connected. But a ‘digital watch’ is not really my cup of tea. I’ve no ise for a smartwatch that the phonea does not already cover. Any other options in the TH world? I’m not average to buying annolder model used. In fact this might even be preferable as it is intended for ‘roughing it’. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I guessed they might have been older models.

Beware though the orange wasn't really that orange and the red wasn't really that red.

The Connected one might offer better orange and red

The one that is closer between picture and reality in my opinion is the blue.

That's a Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...a-co-axial-chronograph-45-5-mm-23232465101001

I don't think they make them anymore, but if you wanted one chances are an AD in your area could probably still find one in stock.

However, they're available for around half price on the secondary market.... why limit yourself to a cheap TAG imitation? :D ::stirthepot::

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=627745

(you have to create an account / log in to view photos, but it's the one you have up there. No affiliation with the seller so please do your homework!)

Not similar in case shape/design, but has the colour scheme required and you said older an option (you didn’t say vintage, but I’ve taken poetic licensing). Autavia 11630MH.......easy to buy a custom strap in Orange and boom.

C77319E4-576C-441B-AB18-B00D62B8C0B8.jpeg

Or more Orange is always better 844/980.007/980.005? :taunt:

1688085E-CF2A-4960-BB20-3B873283C9F8.jpeg

You see, I quite like Orange.

I’m at the Omega Boutique. Shall I? Have I got the will power to walk away? ;)
Edited:

Or more Orange is always better 844/980.007/980.005? :taunt:

1688085E-CF2A-4960-BB20-3B873283C9F8.jpeg

You see, I quite like Orange.

Oh. That is a nice one! What model is that? Love the subtle orange tone.

I rather like this Orange one too. Not sure it is worth the price though tbh. Seems very steep considering the base watch. I’m hoping it will bomb on the 2nd hand market in a few years :D
Edited:

I rather like this Orange one too. Not sure itnis worth the proce though tbh. Seems very steep considering the base watch. I’m hoping it will bomb on the 2nd hand market in a few years :D

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. That is nasty!

I rather like this Orange one too. Not sure itnis worth the proce though tbh. Seems very steep considering the base watch. I’m hoping it will bomb on the 2nd hand market in a few years :D
That is one bold statement.

That is one bold statement.

The watch, or my prediction (more so hope) that it will bomb (and drop in price?):D

The watch, or my prediction (more so hope) that it will bomb (and drop in price?):D

It will definitely bomb ;).

Actually, I think many of the skeletonised dial watches will bomb over the coming years as the fad dies away and people look back on them for the crappy designs that they are. This includes the Carrera Heuer 01s, Hublot and many others.

Actually, I think many of the skeletonised dial watches will bomb over the coming years as the fad dies away and people look back on them for the crappy designs that they are. This includes the Carrera Heuer 01s, Hublot and many others.

I’m quite a fan of well executed skeletonised watches. Especially those that have great finishing on the bare components. Apart from the Monza it is one of the few TH that I don’t have that hold appeal and retain a place on the wish list. Though i’ve started eyeing up the Zenith and ML ones too, there are a couple of the bare bones Carreras that I really admire. I think done well that they offer something different and make a change fron standard chrono dials. But I get your point about them being a bit of a fad. But they donadd some additional interest to the dial so long as the basic time functions are still legible.

Orange hold appeal to me as it adds a bit of fun. I like the juxtaposition of the bright colour against the otherwise ‘fancy’ watch.

“No dear, it wasn't expensive, it’s only got a rubber strap” ::rimshot::

As to bombing, in all seeiousness is that not the case for the vast majority of watches? I expect 99.9% to drop like a stone. I doubt anything I own will be worh more than 50% after 5 years, if that. And none will ever appreciate. I’m under no illusion of that.

Orange hold appeal to me as it adds a bit of fun. I like the juxtaposition of the bright colour against the otherwise ‘fancy’ watch.

I'm a fan of orange on watches too. Heuer Carrera 300 SLR, TAG Heuer Carrera McLaren 1974 Edition and TAG Heuer Monaco ACM Edition all have orange flashes and are in my collection. Aside from the factory straps, I have an orange Hirsch Carbon for the 300 SLR, an orange faux-croco leather strap for the Monaco and the strap from the Carrera MP4-12C for the McLaren 1974 Edition.

I cannot imagine trying to read these skeletons in a rally car bouncing around the Welsh Marches. None of us could afford professional-style dashboard clocks and navigators had to supply any timing equipment they needed.

P6110231m.jpg