Forums Latest Members
  1. BellaBam

BellaBam Jun 16, 2015

Hi, I am hoping someone on here can help me identify this beautiful watch. I have spent days scrolling through pages and pages of catalogues, images and websites only to come up with very SIMILAR watches but none that are identical to mine. The numbers on the back read T511A No. 11.868 From my research I know this should be the reference/serial numbers however, I cannot find any info anywhere. The photos aren't great. It is a silver 200m water resistant and on the clasp where it has the Tag Heuer logo, it also says 2003. Tag Heuer back of watch body.jpg Tag Heuer last.jpg Please help or point me in the right direction!

2. imagwai

imagwai Jun 16, 2015

Sad to inform you that I think that is a fake Tag Heuer.

3. automobilia42

automobilia42 Jun 16, 2015

What Imagwai says, what you already concluded yourself from your own research plus the obvious terrible logo, the wrong hands, links on the bracelet out of one piece: it's a fake, and a bad one.

4. BellaBam

BellaBam Jun 16, 2015

Noooo! I did a check on a site that gave tips - water dripped on the watch face/glass gathers together rather than beading apart, the hands glow as they should, the G in the logo has an arrow!.... I've just taken a couple more photos, can you guys have a look for me again please? Tag watch forum 2.jpg Tag watch forum.jpg Tag watch forum.jpg tag watch forum 3.jpg tag watch forum 3.jpg

5. BellaBam

BellaBam Jun 16, 2015

Never mind, just compared the logo on the back of the watch.... No good :(

6. imagwai

imagwai Jun 16, 2015

I imagine it's a bad copy of this. Not an expert on these models, but not sure if Tag made an automatic version?
    [​IMG]

7. BellaBam

BellaBam Jun 16, 2015

Thanks Imagwai :) I thought so too... The LINK was the only one that ticked almost all the boxes. Oh well, I know more about the brand now and can avoid this situation in the future.

8. imagwai

imagwai Jun 16, 2015

Hopefully you didn't pay much or can get a refund. Next time, try posting the watch here for comment beforehand.

And for future reference, water beading on the crystal doesn't mean the watch is genuine - just that the glass is likely sapphire rather than mineral. Likewise, fakers can easily copy the arrow on the 'G' of Tag and put lume onto hands to make them glow.

I'd also suggest you go to a store and handle a few real Tags so you can get an idea of relative quality, feel, weight, etc.

Calibre11 likes this.
  9. whoisbaktash

whoisbaktash Jul 12, 2015

Sorry? =/