Forums Latest Members

New Post: From the Vault Carrera 7753BT

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 17, 2020

Yago, imagwai, Nonsense and 1 other person like this.
  2. kappa_md

kappa_md May 17, 2020

I really love Heuer Vintage & Heritage designs! :thumbsup:
    Timeless watches! (pun) ;)

Great article sir David! :)

3. MarkMoss

MarkMoss May 17, 2020

Great post David and congrats to Mika for finding the dial!

4. SteveP

SteveP May 18, 2020

Great article-thanks dc. I'd seen the watch but didn't know the history. (personally, I think a white sweep hand would have finished it off perfectly.) Either way, this would have been an awesome addition to the line up.....at the time.....!:(
    Thanks, Steve

5. heuer_carrera

heuer_carrera May 18, 2020

A very interesting article, indeed – thank you for putting this together, David! The photos with the direct sunlight show the real beauty, as it is the case with the later C-shape cased blue dial Carreras. There is no doubt that it is an outstanding find and extremely nice, but just imagine if they had gone without the tachy scale – that would have been extraordinary beautiful.

I agree with “Mr Camaro“ Steve about the sweep second hand, imho white would have been a better choice over the loud red, but that's of course just my personal taste and up to the “creator“ of the watch. The correct 7753 hands with the black stripe would be nice, too. But that's just nitpicking – thumbs up to Mika for bringing this piece to life!

6. heuer_carrera

heuer_carrera May 19, 2020

David, I noticed that you have changed the article regarding the manufacturer of the dial. Instead of initially Progressia Nidau it now says Singer. You write “The 7753BT dial was made by Singer, who made the dials for the 7753 Carrera alongside Progressia Nidau.“

I actually believed that all Carrera dials were made by Singer, without ever thinking about other manufacturers being involved. Do you know if Heuer always used to have various suppliers of dials for the Carreras (i.e. the 60s Carreras like ref. 3647, 2447, 3147, 7753...)? Did the second supplier Progressia Nidau only enter later, with the introduction of the 2nd execution 2447 and the replacement of the 3647 by the 7753?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated!
    Thanks, Robert

Nonsense likes this.
  7. Nonsense

Nonsense Aug 22, 2020

A great find from Mika! And thank you so much for the article, David. You mentioned that Mika is still researching the story of the Carrera 7753BT. Do you know if he made any progress with that beside the aforementioned manufacurer of the dial?

I had hoped that the second 160 years LE would be based on this model, but was disappointed. Maybe we will see it in 10 years...

Greg