New Post: Carrera Calibre 16 Sports

Well your car's paint is an exterior color, whereas lume was just added to markers so it'd glow. When it patinated, many people found that they quite enjoyed the warm tones.
But nowadays, new watches have colored lume that won't discolor so you have nothing to worry about :)

Indeed, I also don't get why people think faded bezels are a good thing. Why would people pay extra for a faded bezel - it makes no sense to me.

Indeed, I also don't get why people think faded bezels are a good thing. Why would people pay extra for a faded bezel - it makes no sense to me.
I don't think people pay *more* for a faded bezel, but any watch is more valuable with original parts, so the fact it's original, even if faded, would command a higher price. Of course, lots of us do think that faded bezels look nice as well.
DSC_0060.JPG

Come off it... faded bezels and tropical dials put your otherwise bog standard Rolex into big money territory.

I don't know that I'd pay extra for one, but a slightly faded bezel can look pretty nice on a vintage watch. It'd look strange as a reproduction though

Come off it... faded bezels and tropical dials put your otherwise bog standard Rolex into big money territory.

Tropical dials do for sure, but I don't think I've seen faded bezels drive values that much. I don't pay attention to the Rolex market though as it bores me