New Post: Carrera Calibre 16 Heritage Chronographs

That's actually really nice, I know I'm a modernist at heart but even I can appreciate a truly handsome watch. I think it looks so much better without the silver rings around the sub-dials and I think I prefer the cylinder pushers too. Also, I agree with your article David, about the fact that the Carrera needs to remain relevant and not be stuck in the past.

Still looks a bit too thick and I don't love the asking price for a Sellita base, but I agree these look really nice. I hadn't noticed the pushers before but I think they contribute to giving this watch a look that will work today or 50 years from now. Would definitely check one out in person - perhaps they'll be in stores by the time my Autavia comes back from service and I have to go pick it up at the Tourneau

Still looks a bit too thick and I don't love the asking price for a Sellita base, but I agree these look really nice. I hadn't noticed the pushers before but I think they contribute to giving this watch a look that will work today or 50 years from now. Would definitely check one out in person - perhaps they'll be in stores by the time my Autavia comes back from service and I have to go pick it up at the Tourneau

In the Carrera line-up the price is ok but I rather pay a little more for an interesting movement. The 7750 or sw500 are just about everywhere, in more expensive and in a lot of cheaper watches. The wobble and noise really bother me when I wear em. On the upside the case and pushers are a big improvement. An excellent shell for an excellent movement like the 02, should it fit.

The blue is on my must-have list. I have been craving it since Basel, when it didn't get much attention.

The blue is on my must-have list. I have been craving it since Basel, when it didn't get much attention.

I find the <insert colour> dial, <insert colour> bezel combos to be too much of the same colour. It is similar to the dial colour matching the leather strap colour. Contrast works well, when done properly. IWC's old Pilots Petit Prince Chrono with a blue dial and brown leather strap looked a treat, for example.

I really like this one.

But what do you think? I thought the cal. 1887 is more accurate and rare than the cal. 16 and not as handsome as the cal. 1887 .. so I'm just wondering why they put the cal. 16 inside this and not just "facelift" the case and stay with the cal. 1887?!

The CV201AL for example hasn't event the sapphire glass back anymore. I thought one reason for this was because the cal. 16 isn't so special at all and therefore "not worth" showing it anymore.

So I was wondering why this new carrera with cal. 16 now has again the sapphire glass back.

Don't get me wrong: I really like this feature and love it to see the mechanics working. I was just wondering.

The missing glas on the backside on the cal.16 carrere CV201AL was preventing me from purchasing one and let me take a closer look to the carrera 1887. So I stumbled upon this article and thought: wow. this might be a perfect match for me.

Hoping this will be available soon.

greets,
- nq.hh

Display backs seem to be fairly randomly assigned, why you'd want one on a 500M diver is a mystery to me, but they exist.

I really like this one.

But what do you think? I thought the cal. 1887 is more accurate and rare than the cal. 16 and not as handsome as the cal. 1887 .. so I'm just wondering why they put the cal. 16 inside this and not just "facelift" the case and stay with the cal. 1887?!

The CV201AL for example hasn't event the sapphire glass back anymore. I thought one reason for this was because the cal. 16 isn't so special at all and therefore "not worth" showing it anymore.

So I was wondering why this new carrera with cal. 16 now has again the sapphire glass back.

Don't get me wrong: I really like this feature and love it to see the mechanics working. I was just wondering.

The missing glas on the backside on the cal.16 carrere CV201AL was preventing me from purchasing one and let me take a closer look to the carrera 1887. So I stumbled upon this article and thought: wow. this might be a perfect match for me.

Hoping this will be available soon.

greets,
- nq.hh

The 1887, sadly, has been discontinued and was replaced by the Heuer 01. The H01 and H02 seems to be being exclusively fitted in the newer mutant Carreras leaving the Calibre 16 to be fitted to the classic Carreras.

Hopefully, in the future, we will see the Heuer 02 in the classic Carrera.

Big difference in the case but I love my Calibre 16

LIX3upn.jpg

Can someone confirm the thickness and lug to lug of the watch in the OP (CBK2110)? I've seen the thickness reported at 16mm and 14mm respectively. I think these hit the sweet spot between looking back and looking forward in the Carrera line. Thanks.