New Post: Carrera Calibre 16 Ceramic Dial (CBM2110; CBM2111)

This is a nice watch. Quite fond of that brown & orange strap.

This is a nice watch. Quite fond of that brown & orange strap.
Yes, I like it too.
upload_2019-6-8_1-46-44.png

Although if given the choice, I probably would go with the black one.
upload_2019-6-8_2-13-53.png

Other than the removal of some text, these still do not surpass the 1887 models of yester-year. @Calibre11, I agree with your comments on the length of the hour markers. The way some of them seem to merge into the subdials looks ridiculous.

The blue bezel should probably have remained as an insert as it looks too much from the side.

Both straps are nice, IMO.

Love the watch. But what i don't understand is the price. Although usually i can get it cheaper bargaining on the spot.

But still, the announced price is a but steep for non in house Tag Heuer piece. In my personal opinion.

I read it with much anticipation about the possibility of a slimmer case but no - instead it's thicker ::facepalm2::
Otherwise, agree the dial markers make it look too busy. They need to go back to a 3-6-9 layout I think; the 12-9-6 layout jsut doesn't work well with "Daytona rings" I think.

I read it with much anticipation about the possibility of a slimmer case but no - instead it's thicker ::facepalm2::
Otherwise, agree the dial markers make it look too busy. They need to go back to a 3-6-9 layout I think; the 12-9-6 layout jsut doesn't work well with "Daytona rings" I think.
I must have been tired when reading about this one, I was sure it was thinner but it seems as if a too thick watch became even thicker yes ::facepalm2::

It certainly appears thinner. Brushed sides?

I must have been tired when reading about this one, I was sure it was thinner but it seems as if a too thick watch became even thicker yes ::facepalm2::
It certainly appears thinner. Brushed sides?

From the article:

While the case is basically the same overall thickness as the CBK case (CBM: 16.2mm; CBK: 15.9mm), the elements of the case are different. Specifically, the case has a slimmer midsection, necessitating a slight cut-out in the case to accommodate the chronograph pushers.

It appears thinner because of the midcase, but it's 0.3mm thicker overall - which, if it started at say, 12mm, wouldn't be a problem. But it's already 16mm thick to begin with!

This watch will have the same problem as the Autavia - because of the deep caseback, it will sit on top of your wrist like a lump, rather than feeling like it's adhering to it as any well-designed watch does.

it will sit on top of your wrist like a lump, rather than feeling like it's adhering to it
How I always felt when trying on the Carrera cal16 chronographs! It is weird cause e.g Breitling has had the ability for years to design 7750 chronos that feel natural on the wrist, not like a lump...

Let’s see what Guy Bove will bring to the table in that respect during his reign at Tag Heuer.

The case is a hard one to explain- but I do have the exact measurements from TAG Heuer and it's definitely thicker than the CBK watches. But the "mid-case" is thinner, so it does make it look less bulky. I'm not sure whether the shorter horns will give it a stubby appearance.

The ceramic bezel is kind of like a cap that folds over the sides meets the steel case. While the standard press shots make it look like "just another Carrera", I wonder if the differences in the metal might be more significant.

I would suggest folk look at these in person. They are stunning pieces and IMHO the best Carrera chronograph to date, with a combination of the more amenable 41mm and especially the ceramic bezel which, together with the subtle case changes and minimal writing on the dial, is something special.

The panda sub-dial models (released earlier) are also beautiful with the ceramic bezel, with a slightly more fun look but less business like.

I would have only added a display back - but that's my thing ....