Forums Latest Members
  1. geoorlando17

geoorlando17 Apr 26, 2019

Greetings,

Has anyone heard any rumblings about a new model or updated 41 or 45 (beyond the recent golf addition)?

Thanks,

G.

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 27, 2019

The rumblings from Baselworld suggested that the next gen Connected will come later this year.

BMW Works likes this.
  3. geoorlando17

geoorlando17 Apr 27, 2019

Thank you!

4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 27, 2019

BMW Works likes this.
  5. Feanor

Feanor Apr 29, 2019

Making the next smartwatch a little more "TAG Heuer" sounds a bit dangerous to me. Already the current generation is more TAG Heuer than smartwatch. What we need is more smartwatch. However considering that the modular concept takes space from electronic components, I'm afraid that the next generation will either keep the modularity but be thin on new features, or it will ditch modularity. Both cases are a problem.
    However now Wear OS state is in a flux and TAG Heuer is actually doing right to wait for Google to sort out the mess. Rumour has it that Google will finally release this year a Pixel watch as a reference device for Wear OS and, if this watch improves the state of Wear OS, TAG will do good to wait and include these technological advances to their next smartwatch.

BMW Works likes this.
  6. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 29, 2019

Interesting. Why do you think that Wear OS is in a state of flux? Is it because there is no Pixel watch?

7. Feanor

Feanor Apr 29, 2019

That's a long discussion; I guess it's a vicious circle because Wear OS devices don't generate enough sales, so Google doesn't put too much resources on it to iron out bugs, Qualcomm doesn't invest on a better processor and then the platform gains bad publicity that translates to worse sales and so on. We TAG Heuer Connected crowd have it a bit better because the -still ancient- Intel processor performs better than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 2100 (possibly the new 3100 too) but still there are bugs and quirks that shouldn't be there. There is an embarrassing bug that renders Google Keep on Wear OS useless and Google hasn't been able to solve it after years. Even more embarrassing for a smartwatch is that the watch doesn't notify you for reminders (even those reminders that you created using Google Assistant on the watch and not on the phone). There are also frequent stutters all over the interface. On top of it all, Wear OS is employed mostly by watch and fashion brands that can contribute little in technological content. I think, if folks at Google decide to make a Pixel Watch, they will finally decide to take the platform a bit more seriously.
    It's actually sad for me, because there are plenty of areas where Wear OS is quite a bit better than Watch OS on Apple Watch, but the refinement is just not there.

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.