New Carrera's to feature Heuer 02 Movement with 3-6-9 configuration...

I wasn't expecting this to be announced until Baselworld!
http://tag.hr/TAGHeuerCarreraCalibreHeuer02
THE TAG HEUER CARRERA GETS THE CALIBRE HEUER 02
A touchstone of the brand since 1963, the TAG Heuer Carrera initiates a new turn for its 55th anniversary. Synonymous with avant-garde since its first generation in the 60’s, this collection pursues its race with the new TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02.

The watch is available in 12 different contemporary variations, on steel, ceramic or gold with either a steel, rubber, leather or ceramic strap. Sporty, this new generation of automatic chronographs displays the motor raced lines of the 21st-century TAG Heuer Carrera, distinctive with their modular case with their bezel and tachymeter scale.

Conceived in 1963 for pilots, the collection, named in homage of the mythic Mexican race “Carrera Panamericana”, is a revolution by its design. The ring fixing the dial to the case bear the essential second’s scale, which maximizes the display and strongly improves legibility.

A high-grade movement, the Calibre Heuer 02
For the first time, the TAG Heuer Carrera carries the Calibre Heuer 02’s automatic movement. Developed and produced by TAG Heuer, it integrates 168 components including a column wheel and a vertical coupling-clutch, signatures of Haute Horlogerie. Modern and accurate, this mechanical movement keeps a 75 hours’ power-reserve stocked in a single barrel. A high-end mechanism unveiled through a skeleton dial, doubled with a sapphire back case.

The TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 comes back to the original disposition of the 3-6-9 counters of 1963. Minutes and hours of the chronograph at 3 and 9 o’clock, small seconds positioned at 6 o'clock, to which an aperture date is added at 4:30.

That's brilliant! This might be what pushes me over the skeleton edge 😀

Looks like you could easily shave 5mm or more off the case size in order to fit a Heuer-02 movement. Here's hoping some more classic styles are around the corner. Still wouldn't buy one if it had the date, but it'd interest me enough to consider walking into the Tourneau - though ultimately deciding not to.

Looks like you could easily shave 5mm or more off the case size in order to fit a Heuer-02 movement. Here's hoping some more classic styles are around the corner. Still wouldn't buy one if it had the date, but it'd interest me enough to consider walking into the Tourneau - though ultimately deciding not to.
I hope that we get a Classic Carrera with the Heuer-02 movement later this year; maybe to celebrate the 55th Anniversary. Haven't heard any concrete information on this; just wishful thinking at this stage.

Thats great news! I really really prefer this sub dial layout 👍

Odd that they just sneaked these big news out pre Basel???

Going into details of the dial and I really really like the symmetry of the dial! Most obvious on the blue version

My friend found it on TAG's twitter... I don't use twitter myself. Trying to find it on TAG's website without following the link proved difficult... maybe it was a mistake?

Oooooh, the link has stopped working... now I'm getting 'You are not authorised to view this page'....

Maybe it WAS a mistake. Sorry TAG, but if you put it on Twitter...

So do we think this will roll out to the 45mm Carreras? It would be nice if it didn't in a way... or maybe it would make mine more collectible in the long run?

Here's a side-by-side of the blue, to help appreciate the changes.

Here are a couple of pictures of the phantom. Torn between the blue and this one.

Here's a side-by-side of the blue, to help appreciate the changes.

It looks much better balanced than the original. I think I want the phantom, although very interested to see what the GMT is like

It looks much better balanced than the original. I think I want the phantom, although very interested to see what the GMT is like
Yes, like all the changes. I also think I'd go for the phantom. It's very close to the Tourbillon.