Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 22, 2021

Squadrone Rosso likes this.
  2. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 22, 2021

I’m cool with it :cool:

One of TAG Heuer’s strengths is about youthful attraction to the World of Swiss Watches :thumbsup: Probably it means our youthful time has passed. But our love goes stronger than ever ;)

3. Yago

Yago Jan 22, 2021

Here I was thinking the focus would be back on motorsports

Albert-AMG likes this.
  4. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jan 22, 2021

Meh, brand ambassadors, meh!

dtf and Pitfitter446 like this.
  5. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 22, 2021

I think TAG Heuer has always been quite present and visible in current motorsports which has always been TH’s strengths :thumbsup:

Albert-AMG likes this.
  6. Michael156

Michael156 Jan 22, 2021

As long as she has ethics, morals, and is professional she's good!

WernerBoeinck, dtf and kappa_md like this.
  7. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 22, 2021

Good choice TBH. Asian-Japanese, US and tennis/sports market-exposure. Big markets for TAG Heuer. No.1 at the early age of 21 :eek: I agree that as long as there are good personal/sports values and with the right attitude (and no controversies) Naomi should be a good model for the newer generations. TAG Heuer seems to get the biggest names also. Remember Tiger Woods, Maria Sharapova, and now Naomi? All of them three sponsored by TAG Heuer and Nike at the same time :thumbsup: (Nike still sponsors Woods and Sharapova up to now)

If there’s one thing I also picked in the history of Heuer/TAG Heuer is not just learning about watches but their keen-eye on strategy and marketing is probably one of the best. May hit and miss at times but it is already written in the history books of what Heuer/TAG Heuer can do and achieve. ::book:: And I’m perfectly fine with ambassadors. Watch enthusiasts are just a small niche population in terms of sales and profit to the big watch companies, and their marketing really works for them. Rolex, Omega etc.. uses ambassadors. Big brands make sure their watches have emotions, stories, connection and excitement and you will definitely need the human element and human achievement in this. ;)

thingziliketoo and Albert-AMG like this.
  8. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 22, 2021

Normally the brand ambassador serves to promote and make a watch brand better known... for me, this time it is the watch brand that makes me discover this ambassador, as I did not know her. Maybe from now on I will be more interested in her results and achievements... but then she is the one who should pay TAG Heuer, right? ;)

9. imagwai

imagwai Jan 23, 2021

I hadn't heard of her either, but given her wins, I feel I should have. I don't really follow the tennis that closely, though. To be honest, she looks like the perfect modern ambassador to get the younger generation into watches.

Now if they'd picked a female golfer, I would definitely have known about her, given I have a 12 yo daughter into golf (and used to go to events with her prior to covid!). Plenty of great ambassadors to choose from there TAG by the way.

Mspeedster and Albert-AMG like this.
  10. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 23, 2021

LOL. Interesting viewpoint.
    Counter to your perception, according to Wikipedia - "Osaka is one of the most marketable athletes in the world, having been ranked eighth among all athletes in endorsement income in 2020"

Naomi is certainly known in the US by anyone who mildly follows tennis. Although she's a Japanese national, she's lived and trained in the US since she was three. Also, she really doesn't look too Japanese with her half Haitian heritage. Hence a real melting pot, which may help TAG better sell into a more diverse market.

kappa_md and Albert-AMG like this.
  11. Yago

Yago Jan 23, 2021

She’s a champ on and off the court so personality wise she’s a good choice.

12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 23, 2021

You’ve mentioned being inspired by a certain TAG Heuer phrase when you’re on the court prior to becoming their brand ambassador. What’s it like, now, being part of their team and being the face of their brand?
    TAG Heuer has always been on my radar. I remember during Grand Slams or just in commercials, I would hear the phrase “Don’t crack under pressure” and always thought that was a really powerful motto. For some reason I sometimes chant things in my head while I’m playing, and I do remember a couple matches when I was like “Don’t crack under pressure”. I’m not sure if that was a sign, but it’s a really cool full circle moment.

What do you love about TAG Heuer pieces?

We have a lot in common – high precision, high performance of course – but I really relate to being innovative and forward thinking. I’m also passionate about style and fashion, so I want my watch to match my outfit and just look really good in general. I love just looking at a watch and being inspired by it for my whole outfit. In that sense I like statement pieces but also more versatile and neutral ones, so I’m quite easy to please. At the moment I’m using the Connected Watch a lot during my workouts, I Iove the app and the interchangeable colored straps I can match to my outfits. And if I need something less sporty, I’ll wear an Aquaracer, very elegant but still assertive.

13. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 23, 2021

Mspeedster likes this.
  14. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 24, 2021

Don’t do these ambassadors at all, paid to appear, scripted text(probably), why don’t they come here and get some of the folk from here who actually wear the watch because they want to, and, put their hand in their pocket to do so? Ok, forum members might not be famous, but many of the ambassadors I’ve never heard of and wouldn’t bother googling, maybe I’m the ad man’s nightmare, if I don’t think I need it, you won’t convince me I need it or want it. I read a survey about car advertising when at work, big launches are out, the best way to get the message out is get cars on the street to be seen in traffic, people don’t read billboards now or see many tv ads due to streaming, life is too busy for ’free time’, and of course money is tight.

15. Yago

Yago Feb 20, 2021

Osaka wins the Australian Open with what I believe is an AR on her wrist.
    3848C745-3F8A-4DBF-9D4A-F990AB7853BC.jpeg

16. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Feb 20, 2021

It sure is @Yago ...

17. kappa_md

kappa_md Feb 20, 2021

Congratulations Champ! Naomi, Nike & TAG Heuer ::psy::::psy::::psy::

18. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 20, 2021

^...and Nissin & Workday. Gosh her tennis outfit has a lot of sponsorship logos, but she needs a TAG Heuer patch on there too! ;)

Albert-AMG likes this.
  19. Ara

Ara Feb 20, 2021

20. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 20, 2021

Another shot of her Aquaracer.
    [​IMG]

kappa_md, Albert-AMG and Yago like this.