Forums Latest Members
  1. JezW

JezW Jun 3, 2015

Hello Calibre 11/all - new member - I'm looking to buy a Monaco CS2110. Have found one at an Italian jewellers but photo shows black watch box & imagery on outer box is not Steve McQueen (looks like Graham Hill) & say's 'Classic Heuer - Re- Edition'. Have contacted the retailer who assures me it is genuine. They have the watch listed as 1998 manufacture. Have also visited TAG store at Westfield who have said that if I buy they can authenticate free of charge. Retailer asking for Paypal payment - I've asked if I can pay with credit card as would be fully covered. Nervous of fakes - any thoughts/ideas? Many thanks JezW

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 4, 2015

This guy?
    HeuerCarreraCS3113001.jpg

That's Jo Siffert, who I agree does look like Hill. Post a photo of the watch here if you like and we can give you a view- but I don't think I've seen a decent fake of that Monaco, so you should be OK

3. JezW

JezW Jun 4, 2015

Many thanks DC - here are some photos - let me know what you think. It's listed on Chrono24 - is this a trustworthy site? I am trying to deal with the retailer directly - they are called Gioielleria Granarelli s.r.l . Your advice is very much appreciated, many thanks JezW

Monaco CS2110.jpg [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    upload_2015-6-4_9-46-47.png

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 6, 2015

The watch is fine- looks good. And yes, that is Jo Siffert on the box. For what its worth, that isn't the correct inner or outer box for the Monaco, but I wouldn't be too worried about that- if you really want them, they can be bought on eBay.

Chrono24 is just a platform for dealers to sell- they do very little verification of watches and won't get involved in any dispute- it's between you and the seller.

dc

5. JezW

JezW Jun 6, 2015

Many thanks DC - I feel much more assured with you saying the watch looks legit. As mentioned in my opening post the TAG store in Westfield have said that they would authenticate it for me FOC. I think I'll take the plunge - sorry to sound like a nervous wreck over this but this represents a big investment for me (my existing & only watch is an early 90's F1 that I bought from new from a jewellers for £200). Regarding the boxes, I'm not overly bothered but would probably look to get the correct ones for this watch, so may come back to you for advice as to what I should be looking for. Again, many, many thanks for your help & advice - your website is amazing! Thanks JezW

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 7, 2015

Not at all- you're right to be cautious. By the way dealers on Chrono24 are not known for selling fake watches. Sometimes that site can be over-priced, but I can't recall ever seeing a modern fake on there....vintage is another story.

Good luck and please come back with photos!

7. drunken monkey

drunken monkey Jul 8, 2015

that caseback is so cool.
    did they ever use that original style on any other Monaco?

8. elbeik

elbeik Jul 9, 2015

The seller you mention has a trusted seller rating on Chrono24, and it shows a proper store and not some private individual.

I think you should be fine.

9. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jul 20, 2015

Not with the re-editions- very close to the original Monaco (source)
    [​IMG]