Forums Latest Members
  1. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Dec 17, 2014

Just a few weeks after the discovery of the Vintage Heuer magic world... ops I did it again...
    I saw this on the net...

Heuer Leonidas Chrono.JPG

and I couldn't resist, now is on the way for my home hopefully it will be in my hands within Xmas.
    Can you please suggest a more appropriate strap and wich kind of buckle could be more realistic on such watch? I didn't find any Leonidas buckle around...
    Thank you for your comments.
    Cheers

Calibre11 likes this.
  2. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Dec 17, 2014

I have something like this in mind.
    Black with black stitches, 3 lines of small holes, rough surface...
    But this one is in US do you know something simliar on the other side of the Atlantic ocean? rally strap.JPG

3. The Loon

The Loon Dec 17, 2014

I would fit one of Abel Court's corfam straps onto this watch. Congrats with the catch

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 17, 2014

I really like the tan strap that you have on there at the moment- more dressy that the rally-style one pictured above.

Beautiful watch...is it Gold or plated? What size is it?

Hope it arrives before Christmas and please post some photos when it does!

5. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Dec 18, 2014

Thanks to both of you for the replies.
    Regarding the Abel Courts, yes they are fantastic, but still on the wrong side of the Ocean... Something similar in Europe?
    For D.C: the watch has been presented as full gold and the size is the classic 36mm, in picture it is really amazing for my inexpert eyes, I hope your skilled ones have the same impression and yes, for sure, once in my hands, I will post actual pics.
    I agree that the strap it has on now is more elegant, but the classic perforated one is more sexy and I'm curently looking for passion, not for love!!!
    Can somebody suggest which buckle will be historically correct for such watch? As anticipated I didn't find any pics of genuine Leonidas buckle...
    Ciao

6. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Dec 18, 2014

I just had a better look at Abel Courts website and prices are expressed in Euro so maybe he is on the right side of the Ocean.... I have sent a request.
    Thanks for the suggestion

7. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2014

Yep he's in the land of Tintin and chocolate (and Snowy the dog)

CarrerOne likes this.
  8. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Dec 18, 2014

Thank you dsio, it is just upstairs from me....

9. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Jan 7, 2015

Just a little update, I have received both, the watch and the Abel strap (thanks for the suggestion), they are simply beautiful on their own and gorgeous together.
    I will post pics as soon as I stop staring at them....

10. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 7, 2015

Great- look forward to the photos!