Monza CR2080 - Yay or Nay?

I think these are cool and particularly tempting at current secondary prices (I've seen them below 3k US)

Can't help but think it looks kinda uncomfortable to wear though.

Sub 3k is almost must buy territory!

I was too tempted by all the Monza talk and had to west mine today

I really like it, vintage Heuer vibes and the Nikki Lauda connection, I was surprised it wasn't more successful but not everyone is a 50+ year old car racing fan

😲

I really like it, vintage Heuer vibes and the Nikki Lauda connection, I was surprised it wasn't more successful but not everyone is a 50+ year old car racing fan
200w.gif

OK - seen it this morning:
- Great size, really comfy to wear,
- Stunning design (very good AR),
- I was afraid it would feel flimsy, but I realize that this might be an à priori I had coming from titanium watches on a titanium bracelet…

Swinging by the the local TH boutique I learned that:
- Cal. 17 service price is rather reasonable (then again, there’s no work on the case, innit…)
- Spare “special/LE” straps have been bumped up to 200 CHF for the naked (!) strap 😵‍💫

Bottom-line: Very seriously tempted. 😜
Edited:

OK - seen it this morning:
- Great size, really comfy to wear,
- Stunning design (very good AR),
- I was afraid it would feel flimsy, but I realize that this might be an à priori I had coming from titanium watches on a titanium bracelet…

Swinging by the the local TH boutique I learned that:
- Cal. 17 service price is rather reasonable (then again, there’s no work in the case, innit…)
- Spare “special/LE” straps have been bumped up to 200 CHF for the naked (!) strap 😵‍💫

Bottom-line: Very seriously tempted. 😜
Personally, a full set should ideally be £2500/US$3000 (+/- £150/$200). Anything more than that is possibly not a good price for the watch - but this is my personal opinion and I'm quite shrewd in terms of used watch prices.

The only other thing I'd highlight is that the watch has a 22/20mm strap, so depending on what your plans are, a standard 22/18mm strap won't be a good fit on the clasp

WatchStrapWorld (and others) have a pretty large choice of adaptable, straight-end leather straps for TH FC clasps. So, finding something nice should be easy…

When accepting a pin buckle, even any Corfam-like leather strap should work well, IMHO.

WatchStrapWorld (and others) have a pretty large choice of adaptable, straight-end leather straps for TH FC clasps. So, finding something nice should be easy…

When accepting a pin buckle, even any Corfam-like leather strap should work well, IMHO.
True, there are options. I usually stick with the 22/18mm so that I can move the straps around among the various Monacos. The strap I got on my Monza right now is also a 22/18mm, but a custom elephant leather strap, sitting on a TH titanium black clasp.

For what it’s worth: Yay it is (basically because the piece is just like new).

Reception only in a couple of weeks though, due to work & holidays.

Delivery data (vaguely) approaches and I’m having the following thought:

Since the black PVD “Heuer” titanium clasp (FC5067) and the 6375 strap together are quite eye-wateringly expensive (about 500 bucks) AND have that weird 22/20 size, I’m almost tempted (for the first time!) to go alternative strap right away in order to put the OG stuff aside (still got one black and red 22/18 Monaco strap leftover anyway)…

Question 1: What’s the parts number of the 18mm black PVD titanium TH clasp in the picture by @YG_Rulz above? However, if it is just as expensive as its “Heuer”-signed counterpart, I’d happily go 18mm black PVD steel clasp… Does anyone know whether such a clasp exists in TH's catalogue (and with which logo)? And possibly the clamp height?

Question 2: If I go steel anyway, I might just as well consider one of the knock-off clasps sold a little bit everywhere on the net. The black ones from WatchStrapWorld exist in both clamp heights (i.e., 2mm and 3mm) but always have a TH-like logo. Does anybody know some that are good quality and have NO logo (Because I think I’d rather have a no-logo than a TH-clasp when everything else on the watch is signed “Heuer”)?

Thanks @YG_Rulz - best online watch community in the world 😀

I realized that one can make that folding clasp search really complicated since there are (2 to the 4) = 16 possible variants (steel/black; logo/no-logo; 18mm/20mm; 2mm/3mm clamp height), some of which might not really be relevant (And that’s w/o adding steel vs. titanium into the mix)…

Actually, I’m not even sure that the 1 or 2 Chinese manufacturers who seem to make these knock-off folding clasps are making all variants… 18mm, logo and 2mm height seems to dominate the market.

In that respect, two IMHO interesting “quick wins” re. the black variants are that eWatch Parts (https://ewatchparts.com/clasp-for-tag-heuer/) offers the no-logo ones in 18mm and 20mm width (for the 2mm height) and that WatchStrapWorld has 18mm (logo) ones in both clamp heights (https://www.watchstrapworld.com/parts/clasps-buckles.html).

EDIT: eWatch Parts Even has even a black 16mm clasp, but hard to tell whether this one might not be a shorter/Lady version… 👎
Edited: