Forums Latest Members
  1. Behappy

Behappy Jan 10, 2018

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Xmas.
    I purchased a modular 45 on the 2nd Janauary 2018 from a local jewellers and yesterday the 9th the power button has stopped doing anything. I returned the watch today to be told I couldn't have a replacement, it has to go back to Tag to be inspected!!!!!
    I explained I was very unhappy with this but the jeweller explained as its a digital watch and has data on it, Tag have to have it back. Time scale? They couldn't give me a time, but would get the watch collected today and go from there. £1500 for a watch and now I've an empty wrist for how long?
    Anyone else have issues like this?

Regards

Mike.

rcipriano likes this.
  2. rcipriano

rcipriano Mar 9, 2018

My power button also has stopped completely yesterday after almost a year working fine. This has not happened before to me with my others smart watches in the past like Metawatch, apple serie 1 and 3... really very disappointed..

Technically you don't need the power button for the watch but sooner or latter you have to reset the watch or touch the screen saver hence you are dead

As you say is very annoying because this mean that you will be without watch for a while (I think 3-6 months), fortunately this watch has 2 years warranty and I guess warranty applies on this case...

In the meantime I will buy the new chronometer Calibre 16 and send back just the module next week... I guess I will miss the notifications..at this moment is when I wish Chronos wearables idea was able to work...and I don't know any similar product like this in the market that you can buy..

Cheers!

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 9, 2018

Sorry to learn about the power button on your Connected.

As you said, I view this as an incentive to get the Calibre 16 Chronograph module now, while you get it fixed or replaced. #SilverLinings

rcipriano likes this.
  4. Finplanner

Finplanner Apr 12, 2018

I have the same problem...unless I am missing something. My button does nothing. I can hold it down for 10 secs or more and nothing. I thought a double touch would open the apps...doesn't work. I have no access to the apps on my watch.

Any help would be grateful.

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 12, 2018

Contact TAG Heuer Customer Service in your country for support and to try to exercise the warranty.

6. Finplanner

Finplanner Apr 12, 2018

I will do that. Thanks

7. wismantjiardy

wismantjiardy Jan 25, 2019

Hi, i just bougth the Connected early January 2019, it is not even a month now, and the power button stop working today.
    It is a very dissapointment for a Tag Heuer with such low quality on the most important part of the digital watch.

I wonder If Finplanner and rcipriano or other members have had the same problem, and use the warranty and have their connected replaced or changed? How long does it take?
    I am from Indonesian, and they do not even sell Tag Heuer Connected anymore here

Thank You and Best Regards

8. M47R1X

M47R1X Jan 26, 2019

Sorry to hear that.
    Have you tried to contact the seller?
    What about the Official Tag Heuer Store in Jakarta?

9. wismantjiardy

wismantjiardy Jan 28, 2019

Yes, they asked me to bring it to the store, but it will took 3 months for the repair in Indonesia, for a one month old digital watch, this is horrendous!

10. M47R1X

M47R1X Jan 29, 2019

Have you tried to put the watch on it's charging disc, fully load the battery and then doing the reset process?
    Swipe down from top to tap the icon:
    Settings/System/Disconnect & reset.
    After reset an update might be waiting for you as well.
    To be honest I can't believe it's a hardware problem of the button. Quality of TAG Heuer assembled watches undergoes several checks before leaving their houses.

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  11. wismantjiardy

wismantjiardy Feb 6, 2019

Bad news, i’ve tried reset and reconnect twice, but the TH power button still wont work.
    Now It will not even charge. I stick it to the charger for a few hours, nothing but a black screen.
    So now I officially have a 2000 USD junk :)
    Have to go to the Service Center tomorrow..hmmmm

12. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 7, 2019

Sorry; hopefully they'll make it right. Keep us posted.

13. wismantjiardy

wismantjiardy Feb 8, 2019

The sevice center in Indonesia again said that the TH Connected Modular 45 is no longer in production, and they will have to prduce one new one for me for replacement.
    I doesnt make any sense for me :)
    But that’s their “excuse” to justify that I have to wait for at least 5 (FIVE) months for my replacement
    That is a very great experience from the Brand :)
    20+days usage and 5 months waiting time!

BMW Works likes this.
  14. BMW Works

BMW Works Feb 8, 2019

Fkkk

15. kwilcox

kwilcox Feb 17, 2019

What? No longer in production? Sounds bogus; I just checked online and all 45mm models are still available.

16. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 17, 2019

That service center in Indonesia is wrong, because the CM 45 is still in production (3rd TH Connected generation is expected for 2020), so this is a very bad “excuse” :whipped:

It’s sad you have this bad experience not for the Brand itself but for that particular service center: your watch has a 2 years warranty to solve this kind of problems, but waiting 5 months for the repair/replacement is too much :unsure:

17. wismantjiardy

wismantjiardy Feb 24, 2019

That is what TimeCare International in Indonesia keep saying to me.
    I just called yesterday to check if they have send the watch to TH, and the staff also tell me the fairytales again that the watch is discontinued and tag heuer company will have to create a single new TH Connected Modula 45 for me for replacement and it will take months.
    I dont have the lust to argue with him anymore.

18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 20, 2019

That shop telling you that TH Connected Modular was discontinued, and today TAG Heuer has introduced -at Baselworld 2019- a new “Golf Edition” of this watch! :D
    Discontinued? :whipped:

92080954-8547-4D7A-A397-274D5EA27E91.jpeg
    More info: https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/2019-golf-edition-sbf8a8031-82eb0172.91837/

19. wismantjiardy

wismantjiardy Apr 23, 2019

LOL, just asked the TH Boutique and they were quite confused to answer that

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  20. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 23, 2019

:D :D :D

BMW Works likes this.