Forums Latest Members

Modern McQueen Monacos: CAW211A vs CAW211P

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 3, 2024

The size dimensions are practically imperceptible. The key advantage of the 40th is the richer color of the dial.

tcy148 likes this.
  2. matthew_VA

matthew_VA Jan 3, 2024

Definitely respect your opinion and preference but for me I like the metal border better--it makes the watch more closely resemble the the original 1133B dial and for that reason I would wear the CAW211A as much as possible.

I also have to disagree about the subdial markers, on the original 1133B (at least on the transitionals), they run to the border (there's no gap).

3. ewand

ewand Jan 4, 2024

I didn't think the CAW211A and CAW211P were different enough on the wrist to really express any preference. I have small-ish wrists and every Monaco is going to feel like a big lump of steel (just because of its shape and heft) so one being marginally smaller etc doesn't really register.

The enthusiast in me liked the A better because it was "special" but in the end I sold it on (for a pretty healthy uplift vs what I paid for it), and kept the P. I had a CAW211B for a while and that provided an interesting alternative to the CAW211P.

upload_2024-1-4_8-11-24.jpeg

Beckerman, kappa_md, McBeardy and 3 others like this.
  4. tcy148

tcy148 Jan 4, 2024

Thanks a lot for the replies. It just seems that the A looks slightly smaller in the photo comparisons. Like, ever so slightly. I suppose once it's on the wrist, the size difference is imperceptible. Perhaps, I'll go and get one of the newer titanium models. But they're a bit gaudy... I do have a soft spot for the Titan though - a cool panda Monaco.

5. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jan 4, 2024

The visual differences between the 2 models are trivial but are appreciated by the true connoisseurs. With regards to the size, unless you have another 39mm C11 Monaco (CAW series), you will not notice the size difference. For me, the 211P was a daily wear for years, till I got my 38mm Monacos (CS & CW series) - which I've come to appreciate more. I now prefer the smaller 211A on the wrist for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered if I didn't have any others to compare it against.

I will shamelessly say that I have a brand new, unworn Titan Monaco for sale in UK (complete with the online special packaging). Here's the sale post on the forum itself - https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/for-sale-monaco-titan-caw218b-new-price.164580/

Happy to talk further if you're interested.

Edited Jan 4, 2024
    tcy148 likes this.
  6. tcy148

tcy148 Jan 5, 2024

Yes, I saw. I'm still deciding whether to go for a traditional McQueen Monaco or a modern titanium one. I like the weight of the titan but also a little worried about maintenance of a bead blasted titanium watch. I know scratches cannot be buffed out like steel and that I would need to get the watch re-blasted at some point.
    But I do love the panda look.
    Nevertheless, I'm at a point in my collection where I don't want to add any more pieces. I need to sell one of them before adding another. I'm considering selling my Carrera Dato since I hardly wear it now after getting my panda Carrera.

Let me get back to you in a few months if I'm still in the market for a panda Monaco. Good luck with the sale anyway.

YG_Rulz and thingziliketoo like this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 6, 2024

' The visual differences between the 2 models are trivial but are appreciated by the true connoisseurs. '

Quote of the year so far.

8. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 6, 2024

I think the significantly noticeable difference between the two is the price tag ;)

Aquagraph likes this.