Modern McQueen Monacos: CAW211A vs CAW211P

Bringing back this old thread. I am keen to add a McQueen Monaco but contemplating between the 40th and the regular production model. The nuances between the two are minimal and I am fine with either of them in terms of dial colour, minute markers, lume plots etc.
However, I am curious about the difference in size between the two. The 40th is smaller at 38mm Vs the 39mm of the normal production model. Is the difference noticeable? From photos, it does look smaller and the narrower lugs also make the 40th look more wearable.

For those who have both, do you think there's a discernable difference? And is the 40ths actually slightly thinner too without the sapphire on the back?
I have an 18cm flat wrist and I can pull off the regular 39mm model but I generally like smaller watches.

Thanks in advance and appreciate any info or photos.
The size dimensions are practically imperceptible. The key advantage of the 40th is the richer color of the dial.

Definitely respect your opinion and preference but for me I like the metal border better--it makes the watch more closely resemble the the original 1133B dial and for that reason I would wear the CAW211A as much as possible.

I also have to disagree about the subdial markers, on the original 1133B (at least on the transitionals), they run to the border (there's no gap).

To me, the metal frame around the calendar never looks right encroaching into the time divisions on the CAW211A. Although the metal looks a little bit better than the painted white surround of the CAW211P, overall I think it looks like an afterthought and aesthetically wrong.

Another difference is there are 4 time divisions between 1 second on the CAW211A and only 3 on the CAW211P.

I would wear the CAW211P and not worry about the resale value. This is what watches are for. When you're 85, you'll probably wonder what saving these special treats was for.

I didn't think the CAW211A and CAW211P were different enough on the wrist to really express any preference. I have small-ish wrists and every Monaco is going to feel like a big lump of steel (just because of its shape and heft) so one being marginally smaller etc doesn't really register.

The enthusiast in me liked the A better because it was "special" but in the end I sold it on (for a pretty healthy uplift vs what I paid for it), and kept the P. I had a CAW211B for a while and that provided an interesting alternative to the CAW211P.

upload_2024-1-4_8-11-24.jpeg

The size dimensions are practically imperceptible. The key advantage of the 40th is the richer color of the dial.

I didn't think the CAW211A and CAW211P were different enough on the wrist to really express any preference. I have small-ish wrists and every Monaco is going to feel like a big lump of steel (just because of its shape and heft) so one being marginally smaller etc doesn't really register.

The enthusiast in me liked the A better because it was "special" but in the end I sold it on (for a pretty healthy uplift vs what I paid for it), and kept the P. I had a CAW211B for a while and that provided an interesting alternative to the CAW211P.

upload_2024-1-4_8-11-24.jpeg

Thanks a lot for the replies. It just seems that the A looks slightly smaller in the photo comparisons. Like, ever so slightly. I suppose once it's on the wrist, the size difference is imperceptible. Perhaps, I'll go and get one of the newer titanium models. But they're a bit gaudy... I do have a soft spot for the Titan though - a cool panda Monaco.

The visual differences between the 2 models are trivial but are appreciated by the true connoisseurs. With regards to the size, unless you have another 39mm C11 Monaco (CAW series), you will not notice the size difference. For me, the 211P was a daily wear for years, till I got my 38mm Monacos (CS & CW series) - which I've come to appreciate more. I now prefer the smaller 211A on the wrist for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered if I didn't have any others to compare it against.

I do have a soft spot for the Titan though - a cool panda Monaco.

I will shamelessly say that I have a brand new, unworn Titan Monaco for sale in UK (complete with the online special packaging). Here's the sale post on the forum itself - https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/for-sale-monaco-titan-caw218b-new-price.164580/

Happy to talk further if you're interested.
Edited:

The visual differences between the 2 models are trivial but are appreciated by the true connoisseurs. With regards to the size, unless you have another 39mm C11 Monaco (CAW series), you will not notice the size difference. For me, the 211P was a daily wear for years, till I got my 38mm Monacos (CS & CW series) - which I've come to appreciate more. I now prefer the smaller 211A on the wrist for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered if I didn't have any others to compare it against.

I will shamelessly say that I have a brand new, unworn Titan Monaco for sale in UK (complete with the online special packaging). Here's the sale post on the forum itself - https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/for-sale-monaco-titan-caw218b-new-price.164580/

Happy to talk further if you're interested.

Yes, I saw. I'm still deciding whether to go for a traditional McQueen Monaco or a modern titanium one. I like the weight of the titan but also a little worried about maintenance of a bead blasted titanium watch. I know scratches cannot be buffed out like steel and that I would need to get the watch re-blasted at some point.
But I do love the panda look.
Nevertheless, I'm at a point in my collection where I don't want to add any more pieces. I need to sell one of them before adding another. I'm considering selling my Carrera Dato since I hardly wear it now after getting my panda Carrera.

Let me get back to you in a few months if I'm still in the market for a panda Monaco. Good luck with the sale anyway.

' The visual differences between the 2 models are trivial but are appreciated by the true connoisseurs. '

Quote of the year so far.

I think the significantly noticeable difference between the two is the price tag ;)