Forums Latest Members
  1. Kuby

Kuby Jan 11, 2015

I posted my Monaco on another forum and recieved over 1000 views and 35 posts. The overwhelming consensus was that TAG HEUER is very much a 'Marmite' brand, either you like it or you don't. Simply there was no middle ground unlike, for example Omega or Tudor. The later being the forum darling especially the Black Bay models.

image.jpg

Needless to say I like 'Marmite'.

Darlinboy and automobilia42 like this.
  2. Egger15

Egger15 Jan 11, 2015

I hate marmite, but love tag watches :) just wish I had more than one lol, still there is time yet ;)

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 11, 2015

I have this same one on order, expecting it this week. Love these Monacos.

4. Kuby

Kuby Jan 11, 2015

You will not be disappointed, I managed to get the edition number I collect.

5. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Jan 12, 2015

I've never had Marmite, but I like Vegemite!
    I also really like that Monaco. It reminds me of mine :) :

[​IMG]

6. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2015

Very pretty watch IMO, wear it in good health

7. Kuby

Kuby Jan 13, 2015

My other 'Marmite' is this, I wear it regularly and has never let me down.

image.jpg

8. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 13, 2015

Nice! I have the companion "Vintage re-edition" (CAW211A).
    CAW211A.EB0026_thumb.jpg

Kuby likes this.
  9. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 13, 2015

Yes, it's long been a topic for discussion on the forums. The "negative" camp usually accuses TAG Heuer of being a fashion brand that is marketing driven and uses ETA movements, while the "pro" camp notes the classic Heuer models and increased manufacturing focus, whether it be cases, bracelets, dials or movements.

I suspect that one of the main issues many have is that TAG Heuer has been so successful in many markets, such as Australia, in being the "default" choice for those who don't spend their lives on watch websites- no doubt there is some snobbery there.

Ultimately, for me it doesn't really matter. I started Calibre 11 because I loved the watches, and never really cared if others didn't. But I did find it annoying when people would say that TH "don't make watches", when I have been to the factory and seen it first hand. Some things are facts and some are opinions.

Now, those Monacos are great! I have the Blue Calibre 17 model...but love that 40th anniversary- should have bought that when it was new!

Kuby, you have several watches with the same LE number? How did you do that??

dc

10. Kuby

Kuby Jan 14, 2015

I have a good relationship with both authorised dealers and brands. They are more than happy to provide me with my chosen serial number. I also have options on new models and not necessarily LE. I guess it makes for an unusual collection.

I'm always looking to add something different to my collection, a watch with a narrative. For example, I acquired from Omega a Railmaster which was displayed at the London 2012 Olympic Games, an exhibition of the brand's museum collection in celebration of their association with Games.

I've simply learnt that if you don't ask you don't get. It also pays to be interested in horology.

Edited Jan 14, 2015
    Calibre11 likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 14, 2015

[QUOTE="Kuby, post: 222028, member: 11447"
    I've simply learnt that if you don't ask you don't get. [/QUOTE]

Very true and that applies to life in general. Good mantra!

Calibre11 likes this.