Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 25, 2015

https://journal.hautehorlogerie.org/en/article/tag-heuer-est-toujours-reste-tres-rentable/

Key points:
    - Reaffirms focus on watches under CHF 5,000
    - Manufacturing facilities are back up at full speed (they slowed considerably when the CH-01 was stopped as the plant at Chevenez need to be restructured)

Nothing new on the Smartwatch.

Next few months should be very interesting- I'm expecting that Basel next year will see several new designs that will show us what this new era will mean in terms of watches

2. elbeik

elbeik Jun 25, 2015

I just hope the essence of Tag Heuer will remain and evolve, not drift way.

Hubert likes this.
  3. whoisbaktash

whoisbaktash Jul 12, 2015

JCB seems to want to keep the heritage of TAG Heuer apparent in it's designs. Albeit, in a modern way... If that makes any sense. For example, he likes the idea of technical progress such as the V4 and it's iterations, but in the Monaco range which is a classic TAG Heuer piece.

And it seems that only in the recent past have prices and style gone the way of competing with other brands, whereas I think before that, TAG Heuer had been excelling in an entry level luxury market position.

Another big philosophical trend for JCB, is attracting the younger generation. The lower price points are meant to attract new buyers and a new market. There is this idea of building a new generation of enthusiasts looking to get into luxury timepieces, that they can not only afford, but that they can learn from and get involved with.

But, what do I know. lol...

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jul 13, 2015

I think we'll see more designs like the Carrera Heuer-01. I reckon for the last 5 years I've been hoping for a high end, very technical Aquaracer. We've seen a modern Monaco (24), a modern Carrera (Heuer-01)- why not the Aquaracer?

5. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2015

Maybe a modern successor to the AquaGraph, which was a pretty impressive piece when it came out as from memory it was the deepest diving chronograph that could have its pushers used while submerged to full depth until the Planet Ocean Chronograph came out a few years later.

Cal Heuer 01 movement + full depth rated pushers + more extreme depth rating version of that in a similar modern/technical style as the Heuer 01 Carrera.