Keep your eyes open....(Reveal: It's the 2017 Heuer Skipper Hodinkee Edition CAR221B)

Very disappointed to see that...but not surprised.

Hope this doesn't turn into the sneaker market...

Disappointment is exactly it because a genuine collector was denied the opportunity to buy one at the correct price by a greedy good-for-nothing.

My god, it's on hold already at $2988 above the price paid for it.

That's nothing... surprised he asked for such a small premium actually. Google "Silver Snoopy" or read a bit about the first resales of ceramic Daytonas and you'll see what I mean!

Whenever I get an email alert about a watched thread from the Calibre 11 forum, the email header says:
forums@calibre11.com via omegaforums.net

My suspicion is that something shady is going on.

That occasionally happens for me. Both fora(ums) are run off the same platform.....
Edited:

I'm still impressed how well this forum works across all my devices, far better than the other forums I use.

Disappointment is exactly it because a genuine collector was denied the opportunity to buy one at the correct price by a greedy good-for-nothing.

Agree with this-ESPECIALLY as it was such a limited run, and is obvious some genuine collectors lost out. It's unfair play in my opinion.

That's nothing... surprised he asked for such a small premium actually. Google "Silver Snoopy" or read a bit about the first resales of ceramic Daytonas and you'll see what I mean!

Yea but Omega & Rolex owners are a bit wacko....myself included ::facepalm2:: TAG owners are more sane, yes/no? ;)

What really is polarizing is NO member from THE Tag Heuer hardcore community got his hand on one.

Well, maybe one or two did ;)

IMG_2484.JPG

Congrats. Can you confirm if the dial has an indentation on the periphery like in the Telemeter?

Hmm, I don't think so. There's a lot of parallax due to the crystal that makes it look tilted up in some of the photos, but to the naked eye it looks more or less flat.

IMG_2486.JPG IMG_2487.JPG IMG_2488.JPG

Hmm, I don't think so. There's a lot of parallax due to the crystal that makes it look tilted up in some of the photos, but to the naked eye it looks more or less flat.

IMG_2486.JPG IMG_2487.JPG IMG_2488.JPG
Thank you for the detailed shots. Flat is better IMO. The periphery indentation is the other thing that I don't like about the Telemeter.

Thank you for the detailed shots. Flat is better IMO. The periphery indentation is the other thing that I don't like about the Telemeter.

Yeah, that's a curious detail. This one has a pretty nice "new vintage" feel to it, as though it just came out of the factory in 1969.

I'm fairly confused by the two eBay-quality NATO straps though, not sure exactly why they decided to include them

Yeah, that's a curious detail. This one has a pretty nice "new vintage" feel to it, as though it just came out of the factory in 1969.

I'm fairly confused by the two eBay-quality NATO straps though, not sure exactly why they decided to include them
Yes, judging from the pictures, it seems those NATO straps could have been a lot better. Oh well... I'm holding for the Gulf Monaco.

Well, maybe one or two did ;)

IMG_2484.JPG
Congrats, and enjoy it!

I was actually hoping members of this forum would share their experience.