Forums Latest Members

Is this a factory Gold Plated Manual Wind Carrera 73655?

1. cwwft

cwwft Jul 22, 2021

Hi all,

I was hoping you could help me understand this watch a bit better. I'm interested in purchasing this watch, it's a beautiful 73655.

However, there are a few inconsistencies between executions that leave me confused.

It appears that this 73655 watch has characteristics from both first and second execution, as per onthedash.com.
    http://www.onthedash.com/watches/three-register-gold-plated/

It has a first execution subdial, 3-6-9-12 markers on hour recorder instead of 1-12.
    Also, it appears as though it's a second execution with wider hands and "Tachy" at 1:00 instead of 3:00.

Am I evaluating this correctly?

Do you think this a factory watch? Were parts replaced? Should I be concerned that it's a fake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to say this next purchase will be my first vintage Heuer, so I'm very interested in it being an authentic piece.

Thanks all!

11277277_xxl_v1558629153411.jpeg
  2. SteveP

SteveP Jul 22, 2021

Hi, your points are well-made and you've picked up on any inconsistencies I'd say. With a lot of the stainless steel equivalent models there are a number of cross-overs with these parts so while your points are valid, they wouldn't concern me necessarily and I don't see any particular problems with this example.

It does look like the hands have been re-lumed and worth checking the crown looks OK/signed. Perhaps the serial number would help us to check it is as it should be also.
    Thanks, Steve