Forums Latest Members
  1. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 11, 2022

Only been once in 96’ the bikes seemed incredibly fast back then, lap times has dropped and it is a phenomenal spectacle, but that now 5 riders have died this year is it time for change? I think if spectators had been involved things would be different but as it’s competitors the organisers seem unwilling to change, it’s a high chunk of income for the island. Not sure what the comparative figures are for the road races in Ireland but they get less air time.
    It’s around 40 years since a colleague died there in what he said was to be his ‘last and best year’ in racing. RIP Ricky.

2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 11, 2022

Holy shit, five people died this year? I am not surprised but man, that is crazy

3. RockBurner

RockBurner Jun 13, 2022

There's a death or two every year, sadly, but unsurprisingly.

Sometimes there's several. It probably hits hard this year because we've had a bit of a break (IIRC it's been 3 years since the last event?)

No one, but NO-ONE is forced to race there, everyone knows the dangers.

4. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 13, 2022

I know they all race because it is the greatest event out there but 5 just seems high after a few years of low figures, would it be accepted in any other form of motorsport I wonder.
    Only went once but glad I did it was an experience, Mad Sunday was insane.

5. RockBurner

RockBurner Jun 13, 2022

I haven't done TT week since the mid-late 90s: I can only imagine that the power-rangers have taken over Mad Sunday.

Last time I was there was the 100th Anniversary (2007), my Dad did the St Johns course on his Triumph. :D

[​IMG]