Interesting dilemma in the news for new Tag Heuer.

I've always felt that watch dealers should state a little more clearly how you shouldn't expect your automatic watch to be particularly accurate and how any magnetism, vibration or impact will further ruin the accuracy.

They always talk about things like craftsmanship and heritage instead

I love the title they give him in the program :D Wayne Golightly "Time intolerant"

Well well, bad PR for Tag and their response saying that the perception of accuracy is personal and can differ from person to person sounds like pure PR department bullshit...

Last but not least, the store should have told the poor man that the calibre 5 is crap and for this type of watch he is only paying for the brand name, good finished case and logo on the dial.

To be fair, I think he has every right to be pissed off. But it's a bit unfiar to lay the blame on TAG Heuer, it's not like their watches are the only ones that aren't accurate.

If this customer is so concerned about accuracy, and doesn’t show any knowledge about automatic watches (even a more than $20000 COSC Tourbillon from any brand could gain 84s in just two weeks, within specifications!), he should invest in a TAG Heuer... Connected: exactly on time and date during the whole year! ;)

Or the dealer could remove the automatic movement of his watch, and put inside a quartz ETA instead! :D
Edited:

I actually feel for the guys Innocence a little but I don’t think he needed to take his claim to this type of TV program who purports to work for the little guy against the unscrupulous.
There are a lot of people his age who have been brought up to believe that Tag Heuer is a luxury watch brand at the very top. Great Marketing through the 80s and 90s with Formula 1 and major sporting events etc I suggest.
The average Joe normally spends a couple of hundred dollars on a watch so when they get to a point in life when they can splash out a few grand and above, they expect perfection.
in any case, I know the jeweller in this story and they are a very reputable retailer and would like to think that they have attempted to appease him.
As a Heuer fan though, I felt for the Brand that I love and didn’t feel the story explained the whole Auto watch situation very well.
But these days, when are the press and journalism as a whole interested in balance or the truth.

Waiting for the follow up story when the crown stops winding the watch...

I don’t personally need to know the exact time anyway.

I just need to know whether I’m
A) early
B) on time
C) late
D) really late
E) fucking late
or
F) the appointment was yesterday.

And anyway, what kind of loser wears the same watch everyday?
:D you think the angle of the news story should have been this right!

Or maybe the response from Tag should have been "our customer target group is wealthy people that can afford to own multiple luxury items, not losers who wears one watch everyday"

Have to say though that the 43 mm all dial Carrera wears really well on his wrists, would look a lot bigger on me I think

Waiting for the follow up story when the crown stops winding the watch...
WHEN will we ever see a proper modern 3 hand movement from Tag :(

I actually feel for the guys Innocence a little but I don’t think he needed to take his claim to this type of TV program who purports to work for the little guy against the unscrupulous.
Exactly. Most people would have admitted they made a mistake. But some seem to think that all their problems are somebody else's fault.