In Retrospect: JC Biver's Four Years at TAG Heuer

Great interview David!

The answers suggest the new 3-hand Autavias we saw previewed at Baselworld will continue to be powered by the Calibre 5 and 7, so I wonder where the new movement will be utilized.

Great interview David!

The answers suggest the new 3-hand Autavias we saw previewed at Baselworld will continue to be powered by the Calibre 5 and 7, so I wonder where the new movement will be utilized.

Good question. The topic of a TAG Heuer 3-hand in-house movement has been something of a "white whale" for some time now. I remember Stephane Linder talking about it back in 2013...and from memory, JCB talked about it a couple of years ago. I'd love to see one...but when?

Good question. The topic of a TAG Heuer 3-hand in-house movement has been something of a "white whale" for some time now. I remember Stephane Linder talking about it back in 2013...and from memory, JCB talked about it a couple of years ago. I'd love to see one...but when?
Indeed! Can't wait for the 2019 collection and the 50th anniversary Monaco. Well done! :thumbsup:

Would be nice to see a watch face from Tag Heuer with Calibre 11 forum logo on it! :)

What do you think @Calibre11 ?

Great interview David!

It really should go into the autavia instead of the cal 5. Assuming the 3 hand autavia is aiming at talong on the black bay etc then it really should have an in-house movement.

It really should go into the autavia instead of the cal 5. Assuming the 3 hand autavia is aiming at talong on the black bay etc then it really should have an in-house movement.
And it would also make a lot of sense to have a clear product line where "everything in the Autavia family runs our new in-house movements". At the same time, I guess TH employs people that are far more competent on these kind of stuff than I am...

And it would also make a lot of sense to have a clear product line where "everything in the Autavia family runs our new in-house movements". At the same time, I guess TH employs people that are far more competent on these kind of stuff than I am...

I agree, that's why I saw this as a missed opportunity.

I’ve warmed up to the idea of an “Autavia” family.

More than just for chasing the label of "in-house", having a proprietary thin base movement (a la 2892) would allow for use of more modules for complications, something that is very fitting for the historic company without the costs involved with using 2892 (or equivalent).

I can't help but think of the JLC Ultra Thin series of watches as an example of how to to do base+modules which TAGHeuer could adopt.

I wonder how much it cost for Tag Heuer watch with Heuer03-XT movement because i know more and less Zenith with Zenith Defy Lab movement.

I hope the selling price still below the cheapest Swiss Tourbillon made by none othe themselves.