In conversation with Jean-Claude Biver

At minute 25, Biver talks about new innovation, in particular using 'nanotubes hairsprings' in a TAG Heuer product launching in March.

This has to be the implementation of the Heuer03xt movement in the Grand Carrera that was rumored last year, right?

Or could this be the movement planned for the 50th Anniversary Monaco?

At minute 25, Biver talks about new innovation, in particular using 'nanotubes hairsprings' in a TAG Heuer product launching in March.

This has to be the implementation of the Heuer03xt movement in the Grand Carrera that was rumored last year, right?

I had the same thought, that it must be the 03xt, which would be the same technique which was launched in the Zenith defy lab, but which was originally developed by Tag Heuer, if I remember it right. But now I've read that carbon nanotube hairsprings were used in the Zenith El Primero 21, which enables one to measure 100/th of a second.
http://www.gphg.org/horlogerie/en/watches/defy-el-primero-21

I noticed that. I assumed it was something that wasn't really new as he mentioned it so casually as if we all knew about it. My deduction is that it is the 03XT.

Seems like we have consensus. Exciting times ahead!

I wouldn't rule out the use of of nano-tube hairsprings in an existing/ traditional movement. My recollection was that the watch that became the Heuer 02T "Tete de Vipere" was originally going to feature this technology as part of a revised Heuer 02T Calibre.

I wouldn't rule out the use of of nano-tube hairsprings in an existing/ traditional movement. My recollection was that the watch that became the Heuer 02T "Tete de Vipere" was originally going to feature this technology as part of a revised Heuer 02T Calibre.
That is very interesting!