Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 21, 2014

Just posted a new article on Calibre11.com on the Verona- have to say that it's an easy watch to fall in love with, expecially given those photos!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldn't find out as much as I had hoped about the Twin models (there are two- Alarm and Chronograph), but it's the black Calibre 12 that I love the most- probably thanks to Noodia's photos.

And before you ask: yes, I do know of one for sale.

http://goo.gl/PgGL57

Thoughts on the Verona?

Edited by a mod Dec 22, 2014
    george023 likes this.
  2. step_hent

step_hent Dec 22, 2014

I'm a fan of it. The monochrome colourscheme looks great, it's a nice clean dial and I like the size better than the 60s Carrera (even if I don't think the case on the Verona is quite as elegant as the Carrera one). The classic styling has aged very well indeed. If only those hands were pointed instead of square... Overall, I think it's a classy, understated and under-rated chrono from the Heuer 70s lineup. Noodia's example looks like a particularly good one (and he's taken some great photos of it, as usual).

Nice write-up DC - very much enjoyed it.

3. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2014

It has a real Germanic utilitarian feel to it, like a no nonsense sports chronograph intended for dial clarity and use as a tool

4. george023

george023 Dec 22, 2014

What a nice looking watch. Yes reminds me of the older Carreras too.

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 22, 2014

The black-dial steel version is so easy to fall for- love that raised crystal too. The bi-metal versions are less appealing.

Imagine this watch with a starburst blue dial!