Forums Latest Members

Heuer Classic Rattrapante Double Chronograph made of stainless steel

1. Parsons

Parsons Feb 8, 2024

Can anyone tell me about these watches and if they have any value. They were my roommates moms and she passed away a few years ago and we've been going through thing and can across these. This is what I found so far...

Tag Heuer Classic Rattrapante Double Chronograph made of stainless steel, Heuer reference 11204
    Rattrapante - split-seconds (intermediate time stop) - double chronograph
    They come with red leather watch case and strap has external button
    Jet white dial - unmarked condition - two sub-dials recessed.
    Time dial with Arabic numerals - external minute track.
    Below the 12 time count for stoppers - on the 6 small seconds. Central chronograph seconds with split-seconds.
    Swiss product around 1964.
    Clock diameter without pedant 57mm. With Pedant 74mm. 150g heavy. 17 Jewels.
    Ed Heuer & Co. Swiss.

tempImagetdPGxr.png tempImagejcMyUh.png
    Mspeedster and Anthony.R like this.
  2. Parsons

Parsons Feb 8, 2024

Added other photos

0463D78F-7354-4495-B07F-F3FD7CB60B99_1_201_a.jpeg 0D6993D7-0E89-4183-A8A5-5B8B75C23E07_1_201_a.jpeg
  3. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein Feb 8, 2024

Yes, these definitely have value!! My quick, seat-of-the-pants estimate, without doing any research and without seeing the condition of the red cases -- at least $2,000 for each stopwatch, and maybe over $3,000. Please let me know if I might be able to provide further help with these.

You can see more of these here -- http://www.onthedash.com/watch/reference-11-204/

Jeff

Mark020 and Parsons like this.
  4. Parsons

Parsons Feb 9, 2024

Thank you I appreciate any help you can give.
    Im interested in selling them just not sure the best way to go about that.
    They both are in excellent condition and work perfectly. One of them has a small knick on the side. I'll post some more pictures.

tempImagegcBqCv.png tempImagehDYYx9.png tempImage6yPn6F.png tempImageGZzalU.png tempImageJCDgJJ.png tempImageNOQUdR.png tempImageuuvgqg.png tempImageXiceqg.png
  5. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein Feb 9, 2024

I will be happy to walk you through the process of selling these chronographs -- the keys will be to confirm that they are working properly, get some good photos, etc. Where are you located? I'm not sure of the best protocol; happy to take this off-line / private messages; etc.

My contact information is HERE.

Moderators -- hoping that I have not breached any rules / norms in terms of helping this prospective seller.

Jeff

6. Parsons

Parsons Feb 9, 2024

Im in Pennsylvania 19606. I send you an email from On the dash form.

7. matthew_VA

matthew_VA Feb 9, 2024

WOW! amazing pair of timers. those cases are very cool as well.

Mspeedster and Parsons like this.
  8. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein Mar 7, 2024

Received this afternoon, the pair of Pocket Chronographs discussed above. One of them will need a repair / adjustment, but I'm optimistic. It's nice to receive a pair that have "lived the life", actually timing local rallies.

Thanks to "Parsons" for posting here and for making this a friendly, enjoyable transaction.

Jeff

Pocket_SSC_2000.JPG

Mark020, chris 08, Albert-AMG and 5 others like this.