Forums Latest Members
  1. matthewt

matthewt May 26, 2019

I bought a Heuer Camaro 7220 approx a month ago and sent it to my watch maker for a service. When he received it he alerted me to the fact the the case (case only) didn't look like an original Heuer case. I wonder if you would give me your opinion based on these pictures of a known 100% original case IMG_3984.JPG IMG_3985.JPG IMG_3986.JPG IMG_3987.JPG IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3989.JPG IMG_3990.JPG IMG_3991.JPG vs the case of the other unknown. Thanks so much for your opinions......

2. Yago

Yago May 27, 2019

Not an expert on the Camaro, perhaps forum members can compare with their cases. Heuer did make private label watches of most of their iconic pieces, including the Autavia, Camaro, Monaco, Camaro, etc. for Dugena, Clebar, Benrus and others. Some argue Heuer didn't in fact make at least some of these but that they were made by other companies with many of the same parts. So perhaps this is an unmarked private label case that has been Heuerized in which case I would try to recover my money. However maybe there are confirmed examples of the Camaro that have the same caseback and similar use of case number and case back engraving as your watch. The lugs are in fact different, however a couple of weeks ago I had a 1163 Siffert and Viceroy in my hands and the cases were also slightly different, most notably the lugs, although these hadn't been polished. The deeper you dig in vintage Heuer, the merkier it gets.

matthewt likes this.
  3. SteveP

SteveP May 27, 2019

I don't believe it's Heuer I'm afraid. We see very few faked Camaro cases but the font is all wrong as you point out (laser-etched?), along with the other points made Matthew. One crucial and finalising factor will be the serial number on the case-I can check it for you if you could forward it-feel free to pm me if you prefer Matthew!

Many thanks,
    Steve

ps how about the rest of the Camaro-dial etc?

4. Yago

Yago May 27, 2019

The case is obviously polished quite a bit so perhaps this explains the smaller lugs and loss of case number which someone then might have laserer-etched. However the inner case back is never polished so that doesn't add up. Would indeed be interesting to see the front of the case and dial.

matthewt likes this.
  5. matthewt

matthewt May 27, 2019

Thanks Steve, really appreciate your feedback. I will PM you the serial number. Funnily enough, the dial, hands and movement are all 100%, which makes the whole situation all the more confusing???

6. matthewt

matthewt May 27, 2019

Thanks so much for your input, really appreciate it.

7. matthewt

matthewt May 27, 2019

This is a pic from the Top. Unfortunately i don' Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 10.55.21.png t have the watch with me at the moment so cant take a high res pic.

8. matthewt

matthewt Jun 11, 2019

This is the response i got when asking to return the watch............How would you feel?

Anyway I’m not quite sure what is whole discussion about – I looked at the pics you sent and see no difference in the cases that your watchmaker is comparing.

Caseback is different, but otherwise it’s the same case.

The comments you sent me are also somehow vague: some random people are actually talking about difference in font shapes, hands that are apparently non original, etc.

I don’t agree with that at all, and even if I did, this sort of questions should be asked before the watch was bought – the case or hands shape were clearly shown on the photos, as well as dial, movement, caseback, etc.

Even once you’ve received the watch, you had a week to return it if not as described, according to our return policy.

Unfortunately you haven’t done any of these.

Sorry, I can’t be more helpful in this situation.

9. matthewt

matthewt Jun 27, 2019

Just so you know, this guys company is called ChronoAddict. In doing a bit of homework, i see im not the only one who has had problems with him.

10. Yago

Yago Jun 27, 2019

Once bitten, twice shy. Always do your homework before jumping in but even that’s not a guarantee. It’s a learning curve and moralless dealers and scammers are everywhere.

11. matthewt

matthewt Jun 27, 2019

Agreed! Lesson hopefully learned!