Heuer and Tag Heuer 1000 Restoration Parts and Service

I highly recommend JkBenn - I haven’t used their services yet but I plan to. As you probably know he is a knowledgeable and conscientious contributor around here and he has kindly answered every PM question I’ve ever had. That says a lot to me...

Of course you can see his full work in this thread.

Have to admit I've not contacted him, but is JkBenn ok?

yes I believe he is as he replied to us via email recently. I think he is on hold repair-wise until his watch maker is back to work.

Have to admit I've not contacted him, but is JkBenn ok?
Not sure if you meant 'OK' at what he does or 'OK' in himself.... either way, he's good. :thumbsup:

Not sure if you meant 'OK' at what he does or 'OK' in himself.... either way, he's good. :thumbsup:
Good point. I read it (and answered it) as asking if Justin was OK because he hadn't posted here for a while...but agree that there are two readings of the question. As you say Steve, either way, the answer is the same!

Hi. I’ve known some people who have used http://www.watchrepairct.com/ I haven’t personally, but they might be worth checking out.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion and the good news is Justin and his crew are back to work and our beloved Tag model 2000 chronograph is at his shop now for the crown and tube replacement. I'm glad we waited for a while until Justin got his shop back working as he is very highly recommended!

Thanks for the suggestion and the good news is Justin and his crew are back to work and our beloved Tag model 2000 chronograph is at his shop now for the crown and tube replacement. I'm glad we waited for a while until Justin got his shop back working as he is very highly recommended!

I still haven't gathered up the courage to send my 844 off to Justin!

(its the delivery and return stages that worry me!)

I still haven't gathered up the courage to send my 844 off to Justin!

(its the delivery and return stages that worry me!)

Shipping is still going along well with USPS despite the disruption of the pandemic and politics. I don't see any problems with shipping as usual. It all went fine for us. There is always Fedex if you're really that concerned.

Shipping is still going along well with USPS despite the disruption of the pandemic and politics. I don't see any problems with shipping as usual. It all went fine for us. There is always Fedex if you're really that concerned.

It's the fact I'm sending from the UK.

Quick update on this dilemma - I've discovered that the UK Post Office "insurance" which you can buy when sending a parcel is a complete fraud.
Admittedly, they're clear about it, but their documentation basically states that if you buy insurance for the sending of anything of value whatsoever, they do NOT cover loss or damage.

So - in other words, you can happily pay a lot of money for postage insurance which will not provide any payment whatsoever if your parcel gets lost.

So - what's the point of the insurance??

Would anyone in the UK be able to recommend a courier company? So far I've looked at several but can't seem to find anyone who is willing to admit that they deal with 'consumers' as opposed to 'companies'.

In addition you have to write the contents and value of the article on the OUTSIDE of the package for the customs to see..... who's going to place a bet on a package with "Watch" "£2000" written on the outside making it more than 100 miles.....

Hi RB-I have some experience with sending/receiving internationally. Not sure if I've missed something in the sequence though-has something gone missing? Presumably you're talking about Royal Mail but was it something you were sending abroad and what sort of insurance did you take-was it the consequential loss cover, for example?

Thanks, Steve

Quick update on this dilemma - I've discovered that the UK Post Office "insurance" which you can buy when sending a parcel is a complete fraud.
Admittedly, they're clear about it, but their documentation basically states that if you buy insurance for the sending of anything of value whatsoever, they do NOT cover loss or damage.
I'm not sure this is correct. Pretty sure they will cover loss or damage up to £2500 (depending on how much cover you've bought), BUT... their terms and conditions do unfortunately exclude watches and jewellery. Unfortunately, the same goes for pretty much every courier company there is - DHL, FedEx, UPS, and so on. The last time I sent something (from the UK), I used UPS and took out additional insurance with Secursus.com.

Hi RB-I have some experience with sending/receiving internationally. Not sure if I've missed something in the sequence though-has something gone missing? Presumably you're talking about Royal Mail but was it something you were sending abroad and what sort of insurance did you take-was it the consequential loss cover, for example?

Thanks, Steve

No - I haven't sent my watch to Justin for work yet, because I can't yet find a delivery method that I can trust with something that is irreplaceable to me.

I also looked for a UK technician prepared to work on a TAG 1000 and the only person I could find who was recommended responded, when I called him, that he wasn't doing them anymore. (can't remember his name).
Edited:

I'm not sure this is correct. Pretty sure they will cover loss or damage up to £2500 (depending on how much cover you've bought), BUT... their terms and conditions do unfortunately exclude watches and jewellery. Unfortunately, the same goes for pretty much every courier company there is - DHL, FedEx, UPS, and so on. The last time I sent something (from the UK), I used UPS and took out additional insurance with Secursus.com.

The full list of their 'excluded items' can (by any semi awake legal representative), be made to include pretty much anything. I couldn't actually find that list online, but I was shown a booklet in the Post Office when I went to send the package off - it was a very generic list of generic items.

UPS & Secursus... thanks - I assume that was in 2 separate processes??

UPS & Secursus... thanks - I assume that was in 2 separate processes??
Yes, arrange shipping with UPS first, then provide all the details to Secursus. Make sure that you comply with all their requirements such as photographing the packaging, etc.

Yes, arrange shipping with UPS first, then provide all the details to Secursus. Make sure that you comply with all their requirements such as photographing the packaging, etc.
P.S. You don't have to use UPS - just happened to be the one I chose. Secursus support most of the main couriers, including Royal Mail I think.

Hey everyone! It’s been a while but you all keep me busy via email these days! Again, if you have any questions about your 1000 series or would like some info feel free to keep the discussion going on this thread, I get notifications so I can usually go back to you pretty quickly. Plus I need reminders lol, it hard to routinely make the rounds when all the different apps are pulling you into each direction at once.

Thanks,

Justin
www.TAG1000Diver.com

Hey Justin, good to see you checking in here! I've been following you on Instagram for quite a while now, keep up the great work