Forums Latest Members

Help with changing strap to bracelet please

1. Neil Thomson

Neil Thomson Mar 14, 2023

Hello, this is my first post.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice please?
    I have the
    TAG HEUER FORMULA 1
    Quartz Chronograph - Diameter 43 mm
    CAZ1010.FT8024

It has the black rubber strap with holes and I really want to give it a new look with the stainless steel with black ceramic through the middle.
    I know it may be a stupid question but will the strap fit? It's exactly the same watch as far as I know and I think the width is 43mm.
    I would really appreciate some advice as the ceramic bracelet is expensive and don't want to waste money or be let down.
    Thanks in advance Neil

2. Neil Thomson

Neil Thomson Mar 16, 2023

What a shite forum

3. YY77

YY77 Mar 16, 2023

It was great till you arrived.

4. Neil Thomson

I asked a bit of advice, not a single reply. What's the point in signing up to a "forum" if you don't get anything back? Seriously? I'm not taking the piss.

5. abrod520

abrod520 Mar 16, 2023

Should fit but you should check with your nearest TAG dealer or Boutique just to be sure. (You'd have to order the bracelet through them anyway)

Neil Thomson likes this.
  6. Neil Thomson

Thank you, and I apologise for the first comment.

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 16, 2023

The problem is, you see... we are hesitant to reply, because there's lots of things that should fit - but you just can't assume. I ordered the orange F1 and I asked at the time if the bracelet would fit, they couldn't tell me because TAG don't list the bracelet for it. On the face of it, you would think so, but... it might not. I ordered a brown strap for a titanium Heuer 01 once and there was a gap because the strap holes are drilled in a slightly different place for absolutely no reason at all. Same goes for my Heuer 01 skeleon, I thought there was a ton of straps I could buy for it, but it turns out only 4 will fit, and three of those are the same rubber strap in different colours.

Unless someone has experience with exactly your request it would be foolish to guess and steer you wrong.

Edited Mar 16, 2023
  8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Mar 16, 2023

Just like the mighty TAG Heuer number one expert of the universe @Aquagraph says, one can never assume a strap or bracelet will fit just because the case and model appear to be the same. TAG Heuer intentionally drills spring bar holes in different places on similar models to ensure that you can't mix up straps the way you want. Only way to know for sure is to order through authorized dealer and have them confirm in writing it will fit.

Neil Thomson and Aquagraph like this.
  9. imagwai

imagwai Mar 16, 2023

You didn't get a reply because it's quite a specific and difficult question to answer. Nobody wants to say it will fit and then have you go out and buy an expensive bracelet and find it doesn't. I've found Tag Heuer boutiques to be quite reluctant to order in anything unless it's officially matched to that watch.

Neil Thomson likes this.
  10. bpsmith

bpsmith Mar 16, 2023

10 hours have passed and no response from @Neil Thomson

What a shite forum member…

Neil Thomson likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 16, 2023

Hi @Neil Thomson. Welcome to our space. As others said, if your question doesn't get answered right away, please be patient and maintain a positive attitude. Courtesy is important. Thank you.

Neil Thomson likes this.
  12. Neil Thomson

Neil Thomson Mar 17, 2023

Thanks for the reply. That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad I asked the question as I was going to just buy the strap. Sorry if anyone was offended by my comment ✌️

13. Neil Thomson

Neil Thomson Mar 17, 2023

Hahaha fair enough

bpsmith likes this.
  14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 17, 2023

No worries. It is very frustrating I know. Obviously it's a lot easier with straps as long as the width is right then Bob's your uncle, but these bracelets are made to fit very snuggly and as I said, if the holes don't quite line up it will either be impossible to fit or look awful. Now the ceramic bracelet does fit the carbon/yellow F1 we know as it was/is available as an online exclusive, but I'm afraid that still doesn't guarantee anything. I'm guessing the AD will be reluctant to buy in on a sale or return basis as once the packet is open they probably can't return.

What is annoying is that the damn thing probably does fit, but TAG won't commit to giving you an answer... but maybe they have their reasons?

Neil Thomson likes this.
  15. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Mar 17, 2023

My Heuer01 was a good disaster example. In this photo with a brown leather on rubber strap which was from another same size Heuer01 model.

A6195991-B6C6-4BD6-ADCE-9587DFD8F7DE.jpeg

And compared to the rubber it came with, showing here how the lug fit was supposed to be

42FBDC15-A246-4BF7-B5C1-07A41FF12F14.jpeg

Neil Thomson and Aquagraph like this.
  16. bpsmith

bpsmith Mar 17, 2023

Was tongue in cheek, so glad it came across that way. Stick around, as you’ll soon realise that there are a bunch of helpful, interesting and somewhat colourful characters on here. it isn’t very often that you don’t get any response.

17. imagwai

imagwai Mar 17, 2023

Well it kind of worked didn't it - certainly got everyone's attention and this thread going
    ::popcorn::