Forums Latest Members

Help needed lost back of watch on W1312

1. Kjd1510

Kjd1510 Jun 9, 2021

I have a ladies W1312 I purchased from new in Dec 1999. Much loved and daily worn and stupidly took to a local jewellers and last night whilst playing sport the back of the watch has become loose and fallen off. Watch is still working but not properly as insides exposed! I am desperate to find a replacement or alternative solution as been part of my life for so long and hoped to hand down to my eldest daughter

2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 9, 2021

Did you mean the WK1312? I can't find a W1312.

[​IMG]

I don't know of an easy solution other than trying to find the caseback that fell off. You might try contacting TAG Heuer Service and see if they can provide a replacement part. But if they can, I fear it might not be that cheap.

You could also constantly scan eBay with the hopes that someone is selling a used one cheap or try to win an auction with a very low bid. Then take the caseback for your own watch.

3. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 9, 2021

I did a quick search on eBay for "tag heuer 2000 caseback" and there are a few for sale. If you measure the diameter on your caseback hole, you might find one that matches.

Also, this site has the caseback for the WK1320, which I believe is the two tone silver & gold version of the WK1312. So this caseback will probably work for your watch, assuming it's the WK1312.
    https://www.chrono-shop.net/en/fond...-ssteel-caseback-professional-200m-sport.html