Forums Latest Members
  1. danwel

danwel Jun 27, 2023

I’ve got a Carerra Saudi LE and decided I’d like to put the metal strap on but really struggling to do so, any help would be great.

I’ve stopped for now as I’ve put a couple of marks on using the strap tool.

mum struggling because of you put one end of the pin in then you can’t get the angle to get the other side it at all. It almost looks like both sides of the pin need to be in at the same time and I’ll be honest, I can’t see how to manage that or if there’s some tool that will help me ??

Any advice would be great

2. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jun 27, 2023

You need a spring bar tool.
    If you notice the ends of the spring bar move in and out. That's how tou get the second side in.
    The tool will push in the end and it will clip into the hole in your lugs.

3. danwel

danwel Jun 27, 2023

I have a spring bar tool but still no good. It’s almost like both sides of the spring bar need to be in at same time if that makes sense.

you can’t or I can’t, seem to get the second side in due to the angle of the metal strap, it’s just not wide enough to get it in

4. imagwai

imagwai Jun 27, 2023

It probably is possible with a normal spring bar tool but very fiddly and scratches are easy. This type is probably what you want
    Screenshot_20230627_083635_eBay.jpg

5. danwel

danwel Jun 27, 2023

yeah I think that’s exactly what I’ll need. Will get one ordered and have a try