Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 30, 2023

Suddenly, many seem to think TAG Heuer is back.

This guy has slammed TAG in the past. This year he ranks them as "Class"!!! (Skip to 16:35 to see the TAG ranking)

Another recent video, similar to others, talking about how TAG Heuer is good again.

2. imagwai

imagwai Oct 30, 2023

Nice to see, but I don't think we've completely seen the last of videos with titles such as "Why is TAG so hated by watch enthusiasts?"

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 30, 2023

Suddenly it's trendy to like TAG. But since the all (self) important 'watch community' makes up a tiny percentage of TAG's market I don't think they will be too concerned either way. I agree with Charlie, TAG has always been an lazy target for easy views and I don't see that changing.

I can't take Nico seriously at all, he's an entertainer first and foremost.

Shane paradis and thingziliketoo like this.
  4. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 30, 2023

People can see changes in pricing and think they’re going upmarket and want the bragging rights of saying that their videos were first.

I enjoy Nico Leonard, as find him like a catalyst to the usual style, but agree with Rob that it’s just entertainment.

Not seen the second guy TWTW before. Totally different style but interesting to listen to. Although I have no idea when he is saying Art or Out at the beginning. :)

What I was left with after that second video is 3 or 4 pieces repeatedly being displayed, generally not in sync with him mentioning them either, whilst banging on about TH being one of the only brands with such a wide range of offerings. Other than that, a decent watch.

Overall though, I really don’t care if they say their rubbish or on the up or god tier, etc. I buy something I really like the look of and wear it for me.

Shane paradis and Aquagraph like this.
  5. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Oct 30, 2023

+1

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 30, 2023

Okay, well I wasn't expecting it to be because of the Porsche 44mm Sport....

bpsmith likes this.
  7. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 30, 2023

Well then, Nico must know a thing or two after all. LOL

I found the second video far more interesting and well thought out. He ended the video by saying "you do you". Which I think the majority of us would agree with.

I just hope this trend of praising TAG Heuer (rather than bashing) continues.

8. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 30, 2023

The “You Do You” mentality doesn’t care whether they Praise or Bash TAG Heuer though.

Just out of interest, what’s your reason for caring about the brand being bashed? Does it bother you that others don’t agree with your purchase choices or is it about the potential future returns on your purchases?

9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 30, 2023

Yes, that's exactly how I took the meaning and how I feel.

My interest stems from my long tenure with the brand. I've followed the brand since I was a kid in the '70s from it being Heuer to TAG Heuer until now. It was motorsports that led me to the brand as a kid and young adult, long before I ever developed an interest in watches as a hobby.

I just think that the brand unfairly gets a bad rap. It's the whole cancel culture thing of late. That's why I'm glad to see what seems to be a shift in attitude towards the brand. But what others say, good or bad, has little influence on what I ultimately like or buy.

10. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 30, 2023

Fair enough. I was just genuinely interested as you have posted similar things previously. It’s basically your passion for the brand wanting them to be seen in a better light. I can understand that viewpoint.

Albert-AMG and Mspeedster like this.
  11. kappa_md

kappa_md Oct 30, 2023

TAG Heuer NEVER left! ::psy::

(Speaking from a true diehard loyal passionate TAG Heuer enthusiast ;))

12. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 30, 2023

I never left.gif
  13. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Oct 31, 2023

Read the comments, why I don’t know, because I never watch the videos(YouTube, Instagram or what ever) so this can be my only comment, the only opinion I care about, is, mine.

EDIT. and of course the wife’s.:whipped:

Edited Oct 31, 2023
    bpsmith likes this.
  14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 31, 2023

So TAG Heuer is a tier above Omega. That's an 'interesting' take on things.

bpsmith likes this.
  15. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 31, 2023

You know there was a time when that seemed to be the general perception, i.e. late '90s/early 2000s. I recall meetings with various senior executives, even CEOs, who were all rock'n their TAGs back in the day. I'd notice Rolex too, but Omega not as much back then.

16. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 31, 2023

So are we suggesting that the quality of TAG’s was better than Omega back then or was it just brand hype?

17. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 31, 2023

Probably hype. Not saying one was better than the other in quality or style, it was just the perception back then.

I just find it interesting from a historical perspective.

I don't know what the perception was in the '70s. I was too young, I only wanted that Heuer Helmet clock of Niki Lauda that I saw in a magazine. But my guess is that while everyone now perceives that era to be the height of Heuer, I doubt it was the "it" brand to have back then, not like TAG was in the '90s.

bpsmith likes this.
  18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 31, 2023

It's kind of amusing to me that the peak of TAG's commercial success coincides with what most people consider their 'worst' product era. Not that I care, I love my 90s quartz pieces. :D

19. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 31, 2023

Genuinely asking, as I wasn’t paying attention back then, as it’s only a recent hobby for me.

20. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 1, 2023

But if everyone starts liking TAG won't the prices go up even more? :eek: