Gordon Murray Automotive T50

Gordon Murray T50 reveal: How to watch the McLaren F1 spiritual successor debut
https://gordonmurrayautomotive.com/en/?cultureKey=en

Murray has long said he wants the T50 to be the purest kind of supercar, and the credentials we know of back it up so far. We know there will be a Cosworth-sourced V12 engine. A 48-volt mild-hybrid system electrifies things, and yes, this is a fan car. The fan, in a basic sense, helps channel air to either improve downforce or reduce drag. When the driver wants less drag, various aero modes unlock up to 30 extra horsepower for a grand total of 700 hp from the car. Oh, and the T50's engine revs to 12,100 rpm.

GMA last teased the T50 this past December and eyed a May debut date. The coronavirus put the kibosh on those plans, but in the meantime, the supercar spent time in the Racing Point Formula One team's air tunnel to ensure the aero is just right. Now, we finally get to see the professor at work once again.

Gordon Murray is a TAG Heuer fan.

Like all genuine petrolheads do 😉

Is it a Carrera? Can’t really seem to properly ID the Heuer he is wearing. 👍

As the creator/designer of the McLaren MP4/4, highest percentage winning F1 racecar and the McLaren F1, this probably trumps alot of supercars currently out there. 😜
Still doing the basics, lightweight, lightweight, lightweight! 👍

Has ALL the qualities of a FUN / PURE driver’s car 😀
lightweight, balanced/centered, stick shift, high revving, naturally aspirated 😎 Not after number or stats but the focus and enjoyment! If this is better than the Trinity of Hypercars (LaFerrari, 918 Spyder, P1) then it should be on what category? 😲

This McLaren would be my choice as a Hypercar, after the Mercedes-AMG One, also very lightweight, and directly equipped with the engine of the Formula 1 World Champion with more than 1000 hp and a 0-200 km/h in less than 6s 🥰

Yup the Mercedes-AMG One should be a beast of a car! Wondering why the development and release is taking long? 🙁

There’s also the Valkyrie from Red Bull/Aston Martin. 😉 I’m also waiting for Toyota’s foray in the HyperCar realm with a WEC winning design/engine 👍

Like all genuine petrolheads do 😉

Is it a Carrera? Can’t really seem to properly ID the Heuer he is wearing. 👍

Seems he’s been a TAG Heuer fan also 😀 Thanks for the pic sir @Hubert ! Do we know which TAG Heuer Carrera is he wearing? 😉

Alot were probably surprised with Gordon Murray’s watch of choice. It sounded like Hodinkee was bewildered and was looking for something else. I reckon Gordon Murray has alot of other watches but perfectly chose a TAG Heuer to launch this latest super hypercar, the T50. For me, it makes perfect sense and not at all too surprised. To choose a TAG Heuer Carrera!

An engineer, designer and innovator, Gordon Murray’s line of thought is what his Carrera is all about. Clean design, straightforward no-nonsense, clear-functional, with a provenance of racing and motorsports.

There’s a subtle and unique difference in perspective if you are a petrolhead first who happens to love watches or a watchgeek first who happens to love cars & motorsports 😉

I happen to stumble and love TAG Heuer watches because of my initial passion for driving & motorsports 👍