Forums Latest Members
  1. ricco1234

ricco1234 Apr 12, 2021

Been lurking a bit, but now I'm in. I recently inherited a Autavia 2446 from dad. My amateur research shows it is a 3rd execution, transitional case, with what appears to be the lowest case number around for a trans case, 829xx.
    He was given it in the early 70s. I don't recall him wearing it much, and I know it spent the last 15 years in a drawer. It's in nice shape and keeps good time, and the chrono function works except the second hand does not return to 12 when reset is pushed. No box, papers or band. I have a small collection of Hamiltons, Seikos, and Certinas (underrated IMHO), and an old Tudor chronograph. NOW THIS.... And now the questions. I hope I am not violating forum rules.
    1. I would like to get it fixed by someone who knows what they are doing. Is there any recommendation in the New England area I could do a face to face with? I live on Cape Cod. Second choice would be to send it out.
    2. The watch is part of the estate being divided up,(No drama ).To be fair with the others I've been trying to come up with a value by looking at some online auction houses, Chrono24, Ebay, and research.(Cool history with the Formula 1 racing). I'm saying $14k. Am I being way to optimistic, or to conservative?
    Thanks in advance.

Heuer.jpg heuer 6.jpg heuer3.jpg heuer666.jpg IMG-4363.jpg heuer6.jpg
  2. abrod520

abrod520 Apr 12, 2021

Very nice. You can have any watchmaker familiar with vintage stuff work on this, as the Valjoux 72 is a common movement for vintage watches. Find someone who is sympathetic to older watches in your area, or search the Forum for watchmaker recommendations (also log onto Omega Forums, same username, and try there)

I think 14k is probably fair.

3. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Apr 12, 2021

What an entrance! You have a great heirloom from your father.

4. Passover

Passover Apr 13, 2021

Would be sold quite fast for 14K right now

but prices change over the years so it is a fair price for all involved I think....

5. ricco1234

ricco1234 Apr 13, 2021

Thanks for the replies. Well I have come up with a watchmaker in the Boston area who is interested in doing the repair and has good reviews. 4-6 weeks and between $900 - $1500. We'll see how it goes.