Forums Latest Members

Found this here...Hard to find watches hidden away.

1. heuerholic

heuerholic May 27, 2019

While travelling recently in Hong Kong, I was looking around a few watch shops as I normally do.
    I was asked what I was looking for. "A Vintage Heuer Silverstone", I replied. The guy steered me in the direction of a vintage watch guy who had a small shop in one of those Multi floor electronics come anything type shopping centres.
    He said that he had one about 12 months ago but wasn't sure if it was still there.
    After searching out this guys little store, to my surprise, he had 4 vintage Silverstones, One of each colour of the 70's version - Red/Bordeaux, Fume and Blue and an 80's version also. I absolutely fell in love with the Red version but the money being asked didn't match my bank balance so wasn't able to secure it.
    The hunt goes on but it got me thinking about a possible thread here on Calibre 11 to let other collectors know when we find something in a hard to find place which may not fit our requirements but may be just what one of us in looking for.
    Not sure, but maybe David could even make it a "Sticky" if the idea had merit.

I didn't' take any photos, Duh! , of the Silverstone but if anyone wants to know the address let me know either here or by PM. Cheers

By the way, The vintage Silverstone was light years better than the Re-edition which I have tried on in the past and really didn't take to due to the colour of the dial.
    But the Red, Burgundy or Bordeaux or whatever you want to call it of the original is something to behold.

SteveP likes this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 27, 2019

Interesting! I lived in Hong Kong for three years and never saw a single vintage Heuer, despite looking hard..guess the brand was still under the radar then. Love the idea of giving a heads up on watches we've found that may not be right for the "finder", but am sure people here would appreciate a steer in the right direction :thumbsup:

3. heuerholic

heuerholic May 27, 2019

Thanks David. I have added the address and Google street view of the entrance for anyone interested.
    Apologise for my Ignorance cause I feel like I should know the answer to this but... What is the "Finder"

188 Wanchai Road, Hong Kong

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 1.24.05 PM.png
  4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 27, 2019

Sorry, I just meant "the person who finds"!

5. heuerholic

heuerholic May 27, 2019

hahaha, now I do really feel like... Duh:rolleyes:
    Cheers

6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange May 28, 2019