Forums Latest Members
  1. Todd Tiblier

Todd Tiblier Apr 8, 2024

Hi all just purchased my first formula 1 on eBay. Seller had all the information to make me feel comfortable with my purchase. It's been delayed in delivery so I won't receive the watch until I return home later this week. I've added a few photos from the eBay ad. I'm concerned when I tried to authenticate the serial number on Tags site it failed. Naturally I think I've been had. I'm insure if I've typed in the correct info since this is my first tag. I used the ID scribed on the back of the case WMB6689, is that the correct serial based on the photos?

IMG_3351.png IMG_3352.png IMG_3353.png
  2. BillC3

BillC3 Apr 10, 2024

Unfortunately, the TH warranty website is not a good guarantee of validity. Apparently, there are a lot of fakes out there that have appropriated valid serial numbers, so they show up on the site. A good test is to google the serial number and see how many times it comes up.

Conversely, there are a number of valid watches that don't show up on the warranty site. I suspect TH expects the selling dealers to enter the watch information into that database when the watch is sold. If this is so, any watches from lazy dealers or via the grey market may not make it into the database and thus won't show up when checked later. Of course, I have no proof for that hypothesis, but it fits the (very limited) available data.

Todd Tiblier likes this.