First watch!

s2s9qd.jpg

First watch ever. I was ready to pull the trigger on a formula 1 and thanks to this forum I wound up with this carrera that I am sure I will be much happier with. Thanks everyone! Also since this is my first automatic I was wondering how often I need to wind it. I wore it for 3 days and on the morning of the 3rd day it had stopped and needed rewound. Is this normal? Any advice would be great.

s2s9qd.jpg

First watch ever. I was ready to pull the trigger on a formula 1 and thanks to this forum I wound up with this carrera that I am sure I will be much happier with. Thanks everyone! Also since this is my first automatic I was wondering how often I need to wind it. I wore it for 3 days and on the morning of the 3rd day it had stopped and needed rewound. Is this normal? Any advice would be great.

Welcome and congratulations! I think you made the right choice going with a mechanical watch instead of an electronic one :thumbsup:

I usually wind my automatics the same as my manual-wind watches, once a day - 15 turns is enough to keep them wound, even when they're not on my wrist.

Thanks for the info. One thing I did notice is when I wound it there was a bit of resistance and it made a ratchet sound. Is this normal? I have read is should be smooth.

There should be some mild clicking / resistance as you wind it, but nothing too noticeable. If it sounds / feels nasty to you though, I'd recommend making a quick stop at a TAG authorized dealer and asking them to take a look.

Ok. Before I wound it I tried to get the auto winder to make it run agin. But after several rotations it still wasent running so I just wound it
Edited:

Congratulation on your first purchase.

Ouick question, just to confirmed. when you wound it, its in position 0 wounding up or down ?

Hi robinette,
I have the same watch (leather strap version). It shouldn't stop working after 3 days (assuming you don't sleep for 3 days :-)
I am a "office-guy", so movement of the wrist is rather limited, still no need to wind manually. Power reserve is 55h on my watch.
When you wind the watch manually, how does the rotor behave? I see mine moving slightly at start of a turn on the crown. Also, when you turn the watch itself, does the rotor move? If you experience any strange noises or the rotor looks "blocked", bring the watch to an AD to have it checked.

Hope this helps...

Congrats, now post some pics of the ///M car :D

Congrats, now post some pics of the ///M car :D
Even better, pics of Watch + ///M car

Hi robinette,
I have the same watch (leather strap version). It shouldn't stop working after 3 days (assuming you don't sleep for 3 days :)
I am a "office-guy", so movement of the wrist is rather limited, still no need to wind manually. Power reserve is 55h on my watch.
When you wind the watch manually, how does the rotor behave? I see mine moving slightly at start of a turn on the crown. Also, when you turn the watch itself, does the rotor move? If you experience any strange noises or the rotor looks "blocked", bring the watch to an AD to have it checked.

Hope this helps...
You are right. Rotor does indeed just start to move at beginning of winding. And rotor spins freely.

Congrats, now post some pics of the ///M car

IMG_1468.JPG

135i m sport. One day I'll have an m car
Edited: