Forums Latest Members
  1. hotford

hotford Aug 11, 2016

Hi there everyone I'm new to this forum just bought myself and my wife for our big anniversary a tag aquaracer each but I have a problem with mine and taking it back to the jewelers very soon ,they sized the bracelet strap for me and it's either to tight or faulty ,the fastening clasp digs into my wrist and is very uncomfortable to wear ,the clasp bit that sits against my skin feels very sharp compared to my tissot which is very comfy ,has anybody else come across this ?or is the bracelet to tight any advise on this would be appreciated as this is my first tag it was a choice between the quartz with blue face or the automatic with ceramic bezel which was 800pounds dearer and as I was buying two watche's it was a lot of pounds to outlay

2. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Aug 11, 2016

In my humble opinion if it's digging in it probably too tight, your wrist may have returned to normal size after purchase, you should be able to turn the watch around your wrist depending on how tight you like to wear it, I'm sure one full link in the strap or possibly a half link will sort it out for you. Then we need pictures.

3. hotford

hotford Aug 11, 2016

Thank you for advise I will post pictures up tomorrow I'm hoping they can re size it for me it's a loverly watch I looked at the longines hydroquest and was disappointed in the quality of the case it seemed less quality than my tissot prs 200 so I paid the extra bit for a tag

4. dtf

dtf Aug 11, 2016

Have a look on the clasp, you may have 4 holes on the side, these are positions for the strap. On my aquaracer they provide enough adjustment to compensate for weather and fitness changes without needing to remove links. In the picture below you can see its on the second from tightest:

image.jpeg

5. hotford

hotford Aug 12, 2016

Thank you chaps I'm going to take it back today and maybe have a link put back in and then adjusted on the clasp pins I'll post some pics on when it's done

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 12, 2016

I had a similar problem with a 2000 series, I tried everything but in the end I bought a rubber strap. Some clasps are just badly designed.

7. hotford

hotford Aug 12, 2016

20160812_185023.jpg don't think my foots are much good anyway had the watch bracelet adjusted they put a link back in and adjusted it on the clasp it feels quite loose but my other watch is loose and in the end ending it fits just right ,I must have strange wrists ,but are least it doesn't cut I to my wrist anymore the assistant in the shop tried telling me my wrist is just not used to it lol not worn it for 3 days as it actually took the skin off my wrist a tiny bit ,but massive thanks for advise on here fellas

Calibre11 likes this.
  8. hotford

hotford Aug 12, 2016

Sorry for spelling mistakes it's the bloody predicted text