Ferrari thread

Should be interesting. I don't love the mythologizing that the now-publicly-traded company makes of its founder, but Michael Mann is one of my absolute favorite directors and the absence of anything newer than the 1950s in the first teaser trailer suggests it's on the right track.

The trailer looks good. But Adam Driver would not have been my choice to play Enzo Ferrari. OTOH, Matt Damon looks nothing like Carroll Shelby. :rolleyes:

Agreed on both comments. I think the teaser looks great. Adam Driver is certainly a peculiar choice; so I wonder who else was up for the role?

The movie is screening in the Venice festival, so given they are saving it for a "Christmas" release, the studio must be pretty satisfied with the way it turned-out.

It's too bad the film isn't set in the '70s, we might've gotten some classic Heuers in the movie. I think Andy Garcia would make a good Enzo Ferrari, he's the right age too had the film covered the latter part of his life (e.g. 60s-80s).

I'll wait until I see the movie before casting any judgment on Driver.

Oh, I see that Patrick Dempsey is also in the movie, playing the role of race driver Piero Taruffi. So perhaps we'll get a Heuer in the movie after all, maybe a pre-Carrera?
Dempsey Ferrari.jpg Dempsey Ferrari 2.jpg

George has a very nice collection.
Edited: