Forums Latest Members

Eighties 2000 Series 962.213R Back Gasket size?

1. 2000S

2000S Aug 26, 2016

Hi

Back in the Eighties I brought a Tag 2000 series from 'Watches of Switzerland' in Birmingham,(UK).
    Every time the Battery died I took it back pay 25 Quid and waited an hour or so and they fitted the new battery, reseal etc

Year's later; I am living in upstate NY, with my Family and the local jewelers won't touch my watch and the only Tag Heuer authorized shop wanted $60 and would send my watch away for a week+ to change a $3 battery.!
    At this point I purchased the a Jaxa Type Watch Case Back Opener and changed the battery myself.
    Having done this a few times I really think I should replace the back gasket. I have the silicon gasket grease but I cannot find the Gasket size anywhere on the internet?
    I believe the case size is 35mm...

When you have recovered from the abuse I have heaped upon my poor old Tag ;), If you could help with a gasket size and advise on a reputable source I and my log suffering watch would be very grateful!

Thank you and Best regards,

Robin

tag1.jpg tag3.jpg tag2.jpg

2. imagwai

imagwai Aug 27, 2016

Afraid I can't help with the gasket size. Just wanted to point out there might be other gaskets to replace, e.g. crown, if you are attempting to waterproof the watch. That and a pressure test would be advised if you are going to submerge the watch.

automobilia42 likes this.
  3. automobilia42

automobilia42 Aug 28, 2016

Just as imagwai says, the pressure test is mandatory, and I would definitely replace the crown gasket too, as by looking at your watch its age it will be close to deterioration right now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it will be like some black chewing gum instead of a rubber gasket it once was...try another watchmaker who will replace the gaskets for you and do the pressure test after that, best money spend in my opinion, succes!