ebay authenticity / SellaWatch.com

Saw a great deal on a tag heuer on ebay from a shop called SellAwatch.com. Ebay does offer the authenticity guarantee on the watch, and the watch comes with all original box and papers. Was wondering if anyone had experience with the shop or buying off Ebay with the authenticity guarantee. They were responsive and answered questions but couldn't provide more pictures. They do have 12 pictures showing the case, caseback, strap, buckle, Box and papers and dial. It isn't a vintage heuer but a modern tag heuer only 4 years old. Watch looked great and was a great deal. Was just looking for references, was able to speak to one guy who has bought rolexs from them. The shop also has over 2200 sales with 100% positive feedback.

If anyone has any experience that would be greatly appreciated

The general consensus here is that ebay is a festering cess-pit of fraudulent sales offers and complete lack of awareness by ebay themselves (or, possibly, connivance).

If you've found a modern Tag on ebay that's genuine, then you should immediately go buy some lottery tickets....

I hear "great deal" and ebay and I panic 😁

But with the ebay authenticity guarantee you are guaranteed the watch is authentic. It is in the name 👍🏻 authenticity 100% guaranteed and in five years when you service the watch, if TAG declines it because it is fake I am sure Ebay will give you a full refund and written apology

I am 100% happy with my last two eBay purchases 😂 One of them was a really great deal too!

My BB Ceramic was expensive enough to qualify for the authenticity check. It went something like this:
  • I paid for the watch
  • seller posted it to the authenticatior
  • Authenticator authenticated watch, but emailed me to say it wasn’t as described (like new) and included photos of the damage, asking if I still wanted the watch
  • I declined.
  • seller reached out with a bunch of on wrist photos showing the damage is totally invisible
  • we negotiated on the price
  • back to the Authenticator with updated description
  • still genuine
  • watch lands with me, with a paper seal saying I can’t return it if the paper seal is removed and a QR code link to the authentication report, with photos of the watch and details of the company that authenticated it.

In conclusion, buy a BB Ceramic, it’s amazing and a real step up from TH quality.
Edited:

I am 100% happy with my last two eBay purchases 😂 One of them was a really great deal too!
Aye man I have heard good and bad, store said they were will run a refund if the service center says it’s fake they will refund me 100%. Idk I’ll give it some time.

I hear "great deal" and ebay and I panic 😁

But with the ebay authenticity guarantee you are guaranteed the watch is authentic. It is in the name 👍🏻 authenticity 100% guaranteed and in five years when you service the watch, if TAG declines it because it is fake I am sure Ebay will give you a full refund and written apology
I mean I wouldn’t say great deal, it’s definitely a bit of savings but yeah I have seen the horrors on some of the posts.

I wouldn’t buy a watch that I wasn’t already convinced is genuine, and I wouldn’t buy a WAY Aquaracer from eBay.

I wouldn’t buy a watch that I wasn’t already convinced is genuine, and I wouldn’t buy a WAY Aquaracer from eBay.
Everything seemed right, the reviews were great, price isn’t absurdly low. Trust nobody though.

Or a WAZ Formula 1. No no no.

Or a WAZ Formula 1. No no no.

That’s useful to know, hadn’t realised they were bad too. Shame. I like the orange one.

Not sure about the orange one... it's usually the older entry level models I think. Would they get the textured dial right? You can get the WAZ101A from Watchfinder for about £1000.

Not sure about the orange one... it's usually the older entry level models I think. Would they get the textured dial right? You can get the WAZ101A from Watchfinder for about £1000.
They often get the texture close, but not quite right - especially on things like the Indy 500s, where there's various other elements overlaid.